Tired of the constant updates

• Every time I take a small break from guitar playing and I come back, the Kemper needs an update. And takes forever!
    Also it messes up my settings.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Remember back in the old days? When we had our Playstation and Nintendo? It didn't need an update. Cause it worked!
    Can you at least make an option to chose not to update rig manager and the Kemper?

• No need to update if you don´t want to ....

I´m still on OS 6 and have no use for the "new" features :)

And I had no problems whatsoever for 3 years ( with the KPA ...... 8o )

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• Personally, I rarely update, though I'm at 8.5 currently because of an issue I had (turned out it was a hardware failure... different problem.)

I've yet to have things just break, and I often don't open rig manager for months on end since I rarely use it at all. If you aren't updating rig manager, and you aren't updating the Profiler, I don't see how anything would change.

• If you install latest RM every time you come back from a break then you might have to update the Kemper too. I suggest you keep the RM version around you want and only use that.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I was forced to update since it said "rig manager version not compatible with Kemper". Last time I used it it was fine.

nothing forces you to update Rig Manager or Profiler OS (unless you update your computer and the new OS needs a more up-to-date version of Rig Manager). And Rig Manager doesn't just update itself without your consent. In other words: if you update Rig Manager or Profiler OS you probably will need to update the other part as well because they work in tandem. If you don't update anything you can stay on an older version as long as you like.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• First: Make a full backup on a USB stick. Output settings are included, if i remember correctly.

(And make a backup every time you install an update. Saves you a lot of trouble, costs max. 2 minutes.)

Second: Have a look at the Rig Manager Settings. There is an option for this (MacOS version):

Windows Version should have the same options...

• Every time I take a small break from guitar playing and I come back, the Kemper needs an update. And takes forever!
    Also it messes up my settings.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Remember back in the old days? When we had our Playstation and Nintendo? It didn't need an update. Cause it worked!
    Can you at least make an option to chose not to update rig manager and the Kemper?

Speak for yourself ( and Nintendo)

Since I've owned mine had

Improved Rig Manager

Better delays / reverbs

Better overdrives / distortions

New fuzz pedals

Double Tracker (awesome tool btw)

More updates please!

• I thought I'd seen everything. Free updates to improve the Kemper beyond what I was buying at the time and now there are complaints.

The only issue I ever had in 7 years was when I chose to try a Beta and it was a minor inconvenience. Also, unlike other companies, you are allowed to reinstall earlier systems if you wish.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• I thought I'd seen everything. Free updates to improve the Kemper beyond what I was buying at the time and now there are complaints.

I can't see the problem here either.

Like many replies - don't update RM (change the RM settings as suggested) and the Kemper and you have no problems.

I think his problem is due to having updated RM by accident...

/Carsten

• I'd rather have a vendor supplying me with constant improvements and requested features frequently than dealing with the same old bugs for years. Frankly, especially RM needs improvement, as it's quite quirky here and there... For example recently found that editing the morphed settings does nothing until you hit the preset switch two times. Perhaps a good compromise would be to put more effort in an extended (automated) testing/QA process, that might automatically lead to a longer time span in between updates.

Stage user