Rig Pack 02

• Oh yeah... S Mehl... anyone want to shed some light on what that amp actually is?

Per the doc included with the rig pack, it's a Siggi Mehl 50 amp with a Marshall 1960 AX Cab with 4x12 Celestion Blackbacks. Must be custom built amp?

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Ah, that explains why a web search ends up only leading back to posts about the profile.

Yes, the Siggi Mehl 50 Amp is custom built by Mr. Mehl, there's only one in this world. :) In Rig Pack No.01 we also had an amp built by Siggi which was a 100 Watt version.
    Also the1965 Blackface Bassman and the Vox AC 15 amps are modded by Siggi Mehl.
    In Rig Pack No. 02 a part of our goal was to come up with some very tweak-able sounds, just to give a good basic amp sound with great substance, so the already experienced customers and tweakers can dial in their
    own sound, based on some good tuned vintage and custom amps.
    Going along with the great Rigs of Bill Ruppert I personally like the Pack02 a lot. So....Let the Tweaking begin ! ;)

Attached a pic of that Siggi amp,
    as I'm short in time today I will upload pics of some amps this evening or tomorrow morning.

best to you all,
    Manfred

• Manfred,

since the Green- and Blackback cabs from the first and second Rig pack gain popularity around here lately, could you give any details about those? Are they 12H30 or 12M25? 55 or 75 Hz resonance? Do you know by any chance what year they are from? I suppose the Blackbacks are G12H30 (and being Blackbacks would date them somewhere in the 70s) and the Greenbacks are G12M25 (maybe even late 60s)?) but I could be grossly wrong about that.

• Manfred,

since the Green- and Blackback cabs from the first and second Rig pack gain popularity around here lately, could you give any details about those? Are they 12H30 or 12M25? 55 or 75 Hz resonance? Do you know by any chance what year they are from? I suppose the Blackbacks are G12H30 (and being Blackbacks would date them somewhere in the 70s) and the Greenbacks are G12M25 (maybe even late 60s)?) but I could be grossly wrong about that.

Hey, quite near... :thumbup:

Dirk Baldringer told me the Blackbacks are G12H30's and somewhere between 1976-78, with 75 Hz Resonance.
    The Greenbacks are G12M25's and a little bit newer, bought in the early 80's, don't know the exact date.
    Next time I will get Dirk to open the back of the "secret cabinet" ;)

best
    Manfred

• Thanks Manfred. I think we all enjoy getting this type of detailed info about the amps/speakers used for the profiles. Maybe the pdf can be updated with the details for distribution? Or at least add such info for the next time?

:thumbup:

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Thanks a lot Manfred, such info is highly appreciated.

And if you are planning the next Rig Pack, some more vintage Marshall cabs wouldn't hurt ;)

• Two pics of very early Profiler prototypes, built by CK when he was around the age of 15. ;)
    and some amps
    best Manfred

• Two pics of very early Profiler prototypes, built by CK when he was around the age of 15. ;)
    and some amps
    best Manfred

Hehehehehe...good one!!!! :)

I couldn't easily figure out which was the prototype and which is the final one in the photos!!! :wacko::wacko:
    It is this little lighter shade of green in the final version that helped me! :wacko:

• The banjo rig sounds more like a ukelele, strange,uh? It sounds more woody insteed of metallical that a banjo should do. I use a TELE and a Strat(With SSH pickup), any trick here? BTW, I never play a banjo, no idea how to play.