Excessive noise with headphones

• Hello,

I've been using my Kemper Profiler for several years mostly through headphones and for recording. I like the clean vintage amps. I just purchased the Powered Kemper Kabinet and it sounds great, but I seemed to have accidentally changed some output settings. All the models are extremely noisey and unusable with the headphones. It's not too bad through the Kabinet. When I touch the strings, it's perfectly silent. When holding a chord, the noise comes back in gradually. I've tried a factory reset, new cables, different guitar, different locations and ground/lift buttons on the back. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

• Believe this would do it:

Reset System Settings

Performing this action is not a full factory reset. Only the system settings will be erased, but all custom rigs will remain.

1. Power off the unit.
    2. Hold the System key, then switch the amp to Tuner mode.
    3. While holding the System key, turn the unit back on.

Sets all back to default. Take a snap shot of the output sections so you can return some settings you did not think about. I have done this a few times to start over from a settings perspective.

• Thanks Mookytc and Wheresthedug. The Reset System removed the excessive static hissing noise on the clean presents. Very happy with that! When I look at the settings, I don't see anything obvious that changed, but it did work.

While testing, I checked out some of the very high gain factory presets. Is it normal for them to have excessive static hissing noises and the output light solid green when not playing? There is also a very distinct "tick, tick-tick" repeating sound across the very high gain factory presets. The ground switches don't appear to make any difference. It's not noticeable when playing. Again, this isn't a big concern for me, just wondering if something is still wrong.

Regardless, it's doing what I need for the moment and I'm very happy with that. Thank you both.

• Thanks Mookytc and Wheresthedug. The Reset System removed the excessive static hissing noise on the clean presents. Very happy with that! When I look at the settings, I don't see anything obvious that changed, but it did work.

While testing, I checked out some of the very high gain factory presets. Is it normal for them to have excessive static hissing noises and the output light solid green when not playing? There is also a very distinct "tick, tick-tick" repeating sound across the very high gain factory presets. The ground switches don't appear to make any difference. It's not noticeable when playing. Again, this isn't a big concern for me, just wondering if something is still wrong.

Regardless, it's doing what I need for the moment and I'm very happy with that. Thank you both.

I love to spin knobs and tweak. Have messed up my settings numerous times so I take a snap shot of the good config and refer back to it when in default mode. Glad it worked out.

Not sure about the ticking noise that is odd. Working at the moment but can dig in a little later.

• There is also a very distinct "tick, tick-tick" repeating sound across the very high gain factory presets.

this is going to sound crazy but does this only happen when you are holding the neck of the guitar? Do you wear a watch?

i used to get a maddening ticking noise on the high gain channel of my Dual Rectifier. I was just about ready to bin it when I discovered that it only happened if I was holding the neck. Then I took my watch off and it stopped ?

I don’t usually have an issue with it with the KPA as the noise gate in the input section usually kills it but if I was going to record anything critical I would take my watch off first.

• Wheresthedug, I removed it but it didn't make a difference. However, when I was holding my Apple watch in my right hand it passed over the pickups and caused lots of noise. I've got a few electronics in this room. It's probably something causing interference. I'm not going to worry about it any more since my favorite profiles are unaffected. Thanks again for jumping in to help.

• I recently started playing with headphones a little. And my wedding ring smacks the neck while I am playing. I never heard it until I played with headphones.

I would say getting married is evil and ruins your guitar playing but my wife is the one who forced me to buy the Kemper. She's a keeper :love:

Hope you track that tick down.