Record profiler full profiler signal minus effects PLUS amp signal without cabinet simulation through S/PDIF

• Hello,

I don’t think this is possible, but I’ll ask anyway to check if I missed something.

I’d like to record the full profiler signal minus FX - so amp and cab, to a track and simultaneously record the same signal with the amp section enabled but the cab sim disabled to another track, so that I can later experiment with 3rd party cab IR’s in the DAW. I’m using SPDIF to connect the profiler to the computer.

Does anyone know if this is possible? I can’t find a way to get the signal post amp section but pre cab sim section…

Thanks!

• You could do it using the Monitor Out (Checking "Cab Off") and assigning "Git Stack" as source.

Through spdif wouldn't work, I believe.....

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• Since it's not adding anything and actually removing stuff, then, I think on a technical level, this option could be feasible. Whether doing this would mean disabling the effects or other stuff, while still being able to use the other outputs fully is the real question.

• You could do it using the Monitor Out (Checking "Cab Off") and assigning "Git Stack" as source.

Through spdif wouldn't work, I believe.....

Thanks Kellerblues, but with this method I wouldn’t be able to simultaneously record the full profiler signal (minus FX), right?

• Thanks Kellerblues, but with this method I wouldn’t be able to simultaneously record the full profiler signal (minus FX), right?

If you select the Main Outs or SPDIF outs as Stack you will get the full signal minus FX. If you also hook up Monitor Out as Stack and engage Monitor Cab Off you will get the same signal minus cab. That seems to be What you want. You could also use the other side of the SPDIF or Direct Out to record a DI signal for reamping later if you want a safety net.

• If you select the Main Outs or SPDIF outs as Stack you will get the full signal minus FX. If you also hook up Monitor Out as Stack and engage Monitor Cab Off you will get the same signal minus cab. That seems to be What you want. You could also use the other side of the SPDIF or Direct Out to record a DI signal for reamping later if you want a safety net.

Hi Wheresthedug, thanks!

This seems to do the trick, I’ll try it!