Lag between Performance Changes

• Hi Kemper community,

I got in fact two problems.

First is that I sometimes have big lags between performance changes and sometimes it even skips a performance (from 6 to 8 e.g.)

Also foot pedal (pitch shift via Mission Pedal) sometimes reacts delayed.

Second issue is with the Kemper remote. During the last gig it restarted all the time and i couldnt change presets/rigs anymore in this time.

Restart and change of patch cable didnt solve it.

Any ideas?

• I don't know about the Kemper Remote issue, but when I use the Kemper's buttons to switch performances I have always had trouble with lag and skipping performances. Thankfully, performance change with my midi controller does not suffer from that issue.

• I don’t experience any lag when switching between performances. My Kemper does however skip over performances when I use the buttons on the unit rather than the remote. And it skips them not matter how slow I hit the buttons. I just have to keep trying to get to the skipped performance (usually takes 2-3 tries). This is annoying as hell and it would be great if Kemper took the time to fix it. And yes, I submitted this issue via a ticket over a year ago.

• Maybe you guys should take another shot at talking to Kemper Support.

I don't mean to be the happy Pollyanna here but both my 2014 PROFILER Head and new PROFILER PowerRack work the way I expect.

Using the up/down buttons on the PROFILERs I can go up or down exactly one, or multiple Performances. For example, I can be on Performance #2 and hit the up button five times quickly. I don't see the names of Performances 3, 4, 5, 6 - just 7. This works the same way up or down, and on both PROFILERs (vintage and new). It also works the same way with the Remotes.

Running OS 8.6.6.32765

For the issue with the Remote, if you're swapping out cables to troubleshoot, make sure the cables meet the specifications below (second paragraph)

• I have the same issue - up until recently I had 2 performances for my core live profiles so it wasn't too noticeable, but in the last few weeks I've started experimenting with a number of new performances, and the lag in switching between slots (across performances, and within a performance) is significant. Having said that, I'm usually connected to Rig Manager when I am managing my profiles... wonder if that may contribute to the lag? I'll experiment in the next day and let you know what I find out ;)

• I don’t experience any lag when switching between performances. My Kemper does however skip over performances when I use the buttons on the unit rather than the remote. And it skips them not matter how slow I hit the buttons. I just have to keep trying to get to the skipped performance (usually takes 2-3 tries). This is annoying as hell and it would be great if Kemper took the time to fix it. And yes, I submitted this issue via a ticket over a year ago.

I also experience this issue constantly - it's a minor PITA, but still a PITA. If it means anything, my powered toaster was built in 2018. If there is a potential fix for this, I'm in!

Another odd issue that others on the forum have already noted is that the button flashing is not in time with tap tempo - since it's not in sync with anything, not sure why the flashing is even necessary - I'd suggest that if Kemper can't fix it due to a hardware issue that they just turn it off in the software, since it's more distracting to have an off-time flash.

Note that I'm not complaining about anything - LOVE my Kemper as is - if more can be done to improve it, I'm all for it, but no problems whatsoever if it stays exactly as is ;)

• I have the same issue - up until recently I had 2 performances for my core live profiles so it wasn't too noticeable, but in the last few weeks I've started experimenting with a number of new performances, and the lag in switching between slots (across performances, and within a performance) is significant. Having said that, I'm usually connected to Rig Manager when I am managing my profiles... wonder if that may contribute to the lag? I'll experiment in the next day and let you know what I find out ;)

confirmed, even without rig manager connected, the lag when switching performances/profiles remains.