What happens to the expression Pedal Numbers when restoring a "Stage" Backup to a "Head"

• i recently bought a Profiler Stage for Home use. i use a profiler Head+Remote at rehersal.

I have two expression pedals connected to the Stage and two to the remote.
    now i am not sure what pedal Numbers will be mapped, when i use a Stage (4 Pedals) Backup for the Head (6 pedals with remote).

does anybody know?

• The pedal configurations are not mapped at all between those models, because there is not the one logical match. Classical PROFILER models offer two PEDAL sockets, the Remote offers another four, the Stage offers four overall.

If you restore your backup on the Stage model, you need to configure its four PEDAL sockets from scratch.

• I just tested it and it doesn't exactly work as I thought:

The configuration of sockets PEDAL 1 and 2 do actually map in both directions (classical PROFILER => Stage and vice verse)!

Configuration of PEDAL sockets 3-6 (Remote) are not mapped to the Stage. And configuration PEDAL 3 and 4 of the Stage are not mapped to the Remote. But all these are maintained and coexist in the backups.

So you could restore your Head's backup on the Stage.

Then on the Stage you need to configure its PEDAL 3 and 4 as needed.

If you then create a backup on the Stage and restore on the Head, both units hold the complete set of socket configurations.

Future backups can now be exchanged in both directions and the pedal configurations will stick.