Which profiles do you use for acoustic guitar?

• I don't know why I didn't think about this when this thread first came up... I have a Fishman Aura. I could do some profiles of that and post them to share. Is there a specific acoustic you are going to use the profile with? There are a ton of them in the Aura and there are more that I could download to get as close to the exact one you are using.

I'm using a Maton TE Signatur. And just that. Is there something specific in the Aura?

• I'm using a Maton TE Signatur. And just that. Is there something specific in the Aura?

The Aura has a lot of IRs in it. There are even more that you can download from Fishman into the Aura. I haven't looked in a good while to see what they have on the site for download. The Aura holds a ridiculous amount of IRs in it. I found a couple that I liked and stuck with those.

• I would profile it as a direct profile with no cabinet. You should be able to use it with no cabinet to get the sound of the Aura. I would need to play with this a little. You could possibly also use an acoustic IR in the cabinet block along with it if it needed a little more processing. There are some sites out there with some free acoustic IRs that are pretty decent. This is where I would start and see how it works.

Hmm. I wouldn't know how to profile that. I've done profiles of my amps but with a microphone.

• Hmm. I wouldn't know how to profile that. I've done profiles of my amps but with a microphone.

Look in the manual of how to do a direct profile. It is pretty easy to do. I have been playing around a little with profiling some pedals just for the fun of it. I have had minor success with it. I haven't had a chance to go back and try tweaking the ones I created. I profiled the same pedal using a direct profile with different settings then add a cabinet to it in the Kemper. I have some IRs that I bought on black Friday and plan on playing around with those a bit with the profiles of the pedal to see if I can get something that I like. If I do, that could open up other possibilities. Profiling the Aura would be the same as I have been doing with the pedal I have been playing with. It would come out as a clean direct profile with no cabinet. You shouldn't need a cabinet for this type of profile. If you did want to add one, I would download a free acoustic IR and put that in as your cab. I am not sure how that would sound since the profile is basically a profile of an IR. The good thing is that there is nothing to lose by trying it.