Which profiles do you use for acoustic guitar?

• Hi all,

I play the Kemper unpowered Toaster together with the powered Kemper Box. I am currently not satisfied with the sound of my Maton TE über den Kemper it. The Maton has a cool mix of piezo and mic and therefore is well prepared for a good sound result. Even if the (for feedback reasons necessary) sound hole cover there of course takes away a bit.

Does anyone have a tip for a suitable profile (factory rig-tips welcome).

Many thanks in advance!

• as some one who uses his kemper mainly for acoustics these days I can say the biggest epiphany i had after many years was to not use ANY kind of pre amp/Amp...just turn off the slot.....period......

then just use the studio EQ and compression etc and reverb to dial in your tone per guitar and save each one per guitar.

This method has given me a lot more natural results than any pre amp/amp in the slot.

My various acoustics have combinations of piezo and internal mic's .

M

• Something you could try is to get an acoustic guitar IR and load it into the cab section. I did this with my FM9 and it worked pretty good. There are some decent free acoustic IRs out there. I can't remember the site I pulled mine from but I can probably find it if you need it.

• I use a parallel path, with a Fishman Aura profile in the amp module (from RigManager). Add a stereo widener post amp I can blend the two paths accordingly. Sounds marvellous to my ears.

• I use a parallel path, with a Fishman Aura profile in the amp module (from RigManager). Add a stereo widener post amp I can blend the two paths accordingly. Sounds marvellous to my ears.

A parallel path? With the Kemper? Do tell...

• A parallel path? With the Kemper? Do tell...

From the manual...

The Rig Settings provide a parallel signal path, which feeds directly to the Output Section, bypassing both the stack section and the effect modules X, MOD, DLY, and REV. When “Parallel Path” is activated, module A and B become exclusive to the parallel path, allowing you to add compression and EQ, for example. modules C and D remain within the regular signal path, along with the stack and subsequent effect modules. This routing is visualized by the signal chain on the home screen.

Signal flow with Parallel Path

soft button ”Parallel Path” enables and disables this function. When enabled, the “Parallel Path Mix” parameter determines the balance between the parallel path (more to the left) and the regular signal path (more to the right).

If you use effects like distortion or compression in one of the two paths, you might find that the levels of each differ significantly. This is because the signal level is usually dependent on the instrument level, but this is often not the case when distortion or compression are involved. You can avoid level deviations like this by adjusting “Clean Sens” in the Input menu. “Clean Sens” balances clean and distorted (or compressed) sounds to equal levels. This also affects the Parallel Path.

Video...

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Very interesting and very cool. I didn't know this option existed. Thanks for the post!

• try this profiles, some of them works great with fishman piezo bridge and graphtec ghost system

Files

Cry Baby Slash Classic Wah -> KPA -> main to FOH ->KRK6 -> Monitor out DXR10 -> EXP DVP3 -> Remote: Guitars: Slash Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop - James Tyler Variax JTV59 - Epiphone Les Paul with EMG 81 - Furch GN2 Nylon -> Maybach Lester 60 -> Kemper Powered Cab -/ Focusrite Scarlett

• I still use my own Fishman profiles for acoustic guitar.
    Profiles are from my fishman performer acoustic amp, guitars I use are a Martin D18 Retro ( aura g1 Fishman) and Martin d16 ( both also with mix of piezo and mic) so perhaps these are what you are looking for?
    Search on rig exchange for Dorrus2 they're free ;)

• I don't know why I didn't think about this when this thread first came up... I have a Fishman Aura. I could do some profiles of that and post them to share. Is there a specific acoustic you are going to use the profile with? There are a ton of them in the Aura and there are more that I could download to get as close to the exact one you are using.

• I don't know why I didn't think about this when this thread first came up... I have a Fishman Aura. I could do some profiles of that and post them to share. Is there a specific acoustic you are going to use the profile with? There are a ton of them in the Aura and there are more that I could download to get as close to the exact one you are using.

I have a Fishman Aura DI and love it. How would you go about Profiling that? It's circuitry in a pedal.

I have stopped using my Acoustic live for the few songs I need it, in favor of a profile I made up using the acoustic simulator on a Les paul neck pickup split-coil (on rig exchange acoustic -jon9max)it sounds great but fingerpicking an LP that's hanging pretty low isn't optimal. I would like to go back to using it if I could just have my acoustic going through the Kemper. I had to have another whole rig, setup, and input with the acoustic, another wireless, and the Aura. I have multiple wireless transmitters so just having to grab the acoustic and it going through the same rig and FOH not having to scramble would be nice.

• I use mainly my Own Profiles i made of the Audio Sprckets Tone Dexter because they fit perfectly to my guitar ... but try them yourself, they are often usable even on other instruments. But the non plus ultra way to do it is buying the tonedexter, make a wavemap and profile that ... imo no other technique is better

• I have a Fishman Aura DI and love it. How would you go about Profiling that? It's circuitry in a pedal.

I have stopped using my Acoustic live for the few songs I need it, in favor of a profile I made up using the acoustic simulator on a Les paul neck pickup split-coil (on rig exchange acoustic -jon9max)it sounds great but fingerpicking an LP that's hanging pretty low isn't optimal. I would like to go back to using it if I could just have my acoustic going through the Kemper. I had to have another whole rig, setup, and input with the acoustic, another wireless, and the Aura. I have multiple wireless transmitters so just having to grab the acoustic and it going through the same rig and FOH not having to scramble would be nice.

I would profile it as a direct profile with no cabinet. You should be able to use it with no cabinet to get the sound of the Aura. I would need to play with this a little. You could possibly also use an acoustic IR in the cabinet block along with it if it needed a little more processing. There are some sites out there with some free acoustic IRs that are pretty decent. This is where I would start and see how it works.