Is the right channel of "git/mod mono" exactly the same as the right channel of "mod stereo"?

• Just asking because I'm recording some tracks in stereo, some in mono, and keep forgetting to change between "git/mod mono" and "mod stereo"... but does it matter? Sounds to me like the right channel of "mod stereo" (if not using any stereo effects) is exactly the same the as the right channel of "git/mod mono". Can anyone confirm? If so, may as well just record my mono parts while "mod stereo" still selected - or is there any other reason to switch to "git/ mod mono"?

Am not planning to do any re-amping btw, hence not recording the "git" part anyway.

• Mono and Stereo settings are not interchangeable. The Kemper doesn’t sum to mono unless you specifically tell it too. In some cases the difference may not be noticeable but in others it is massive. For example, if you have a ping pong delay and just use the right channel of the stereo setting you will lose half of the repeats.

if you aren’t recording the Git signal why not just set the output to Mod Stereo and leave it there and record a stereo track. Alternatively, use the Mod Mono all the time to avoid unexpected results.

• Mono and Stereo settings are not interchangeable. The Kemper doesn’t sum to mono unless you specifically tell it too. In some cases the difference may not be noticeable but in others it is massive. For example, if you have a ping pong delay and just use the right channel of the stereo setting you will lose half of the repeats.

if you aren’t recording the Git signal why not just set the output to Mod Stereo and leave it there and record a stereo track. Alternatively, use the Mod Mono all the time to avoid unexpected results.

From my original post: Sounds to me like the right channel of "mod stereo" (if not using any stereo effects) is exactly the same the as the right channel of "git/mod mono".

The situation is that some of the profiles I'm about to record with do have stereo effects - however most do not - and I much prefer to record a mono track if possible - much simpler to pan mainly. Hence I have stereo tracks set up in cubase for the parts using Kemper's stereo effects, and mono tracks for those that don't - stereo fed with spdif left and right, mono with spdif right. Hence if I can just leave it on mod stereo the whole time, makes things easier!

Anyway, sounds like it will indeed (if not using any stereo effects) be exactly the same signal output on the right channel, so that's one less setting to remember to change :thumbup: