Removing Stomp Buttons on the Remote

• Has anyone removed any of the stomp buttons on the remote? I am wondering if it something easy to do without messing with the electronics.

For those curious as to why it is because the band I am in recently decided to forge ahead as a 3-piece with me as the only guitarist and singer rather than being a 4-piece with 2 guitars and 2 singers. I am covering a lot more ground now and the foot gymnastics while trying to sing leads is leading to a lot of mishits on the remote causing chaos for me. If it was easy to remove the stomp buttons for 2, 4 and Tap on the bottom row of the remote and 1 & 3 in the middle row I think I would get along with the remote much better.

Practice would certainly help but the truth is I have so many other things I need to practice on now that if I could take that off my plate it would be welcomed.

• I’ve never been inside the Remote, but I can almost guarantee that removing those buttons is not easy - and there’s no guarantee the remote would function without them.

Try using a zip tie placed between the head and top of the threaded collar. Button is still there, but can’t be depressed.

Or, just use Performance mode and disable slots 2 and 4. You can already disable the tap button in settings.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Edited once, last by Ruefus ().

• You are free to cancel the assignments to each of the Effect Buttons I-IIII individually and by Rig.

You can disable Slots 2 and 4 as suggested by Performance.

And you can disable the TAP button globally.

• You are free to cancel the assignments to each of the Effect Buttons I-IIII individually and by Rig.

You can disable Slots 2 and 4 as suggested by Performance.

And you can disable the TAP button globally.

This is what I first thought when I read the OP. I would just remove the button assignment. Then it doesn't matter if you hit them by accident along with the button you meant to hit.

• Well, found a video that showed the inside of the remote and I am not brave/foolish enough to try removing any of the switches. Disabling the buttons would get me part way to where I want to be but still is not ideal IMO. So I am purchasing a single momentary switch to hopefully assign to Morphing so I always have a single switch, in the same location every time, I need to press for that function while singing which gets rid of some of the foot gymnastics for me.

I also bought some plastic toppers just to try them out.

• I think a combination of the toppers and disabling the unwanted ones is the trick. That way you can feel if you hit what you were going for or one of the disabled ones.

Is it possible to assign the same thing to multiple buttons? That might be useful as another idea.

• While I prefer Burkhard's solution and I don't have the tools to do wrbi 's Preventing me from accidentially switching performances

If you want a similar mechanical approach you could try slipping slotted washers under the caps of the buttons.

To just try the idea, you could try rubber or nylon washers and cut a slot in them.

• I used the Boss FS-5U at home and practice over the weekend and it does what I want it to do. I set it up in the Pedal 1 connection on the back of the profiler, set the function to morph in System settings and away I went. As I had hoped the stomp switches between the morph settings for each patch and the remote updates when the Boss pedal is stomped. Now I have a single stomp, that does not change location, to engage the morph function for any patch I am on. Cheap and effective for my purposes.

The plastic Toppers I am not sold on but will continue to try them for a bit more before tossing them aside.

• Glad you’ve sorted it.

FYI - you can set the Tap button to morph.

One less thing/cable to carry & connect.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche