Trouble Importing with USB

• I've had my Kemper for quite a while and I have no clue what I'm doing wrong.

I just purchased a third party profiler pack (Tue Madsen from Bogren Digital if that helps).

I formatted my USB stick in the Kemper, put the unzipped folder in to the Shared folder on that USB stick, then put back in to the Kemper. When I hit Import it says "This USB stick contains no data".

I've tried multiple flash drives. Same result. I'm sure this is user error. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks all!

• Try to open the Madsen folder and "copy all" rigs and then drag them to USB´s "Shared" folder ... :/

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• You dont have the opportunity to import via Rig Manager?

Does the USB import work with other rigs?

I dont know if an outdated OS could cause this kind of trouble, but maybe its worth a try, if your KPA software is not up to date and the madsen pack is pretty new..

Good Luck!

• You dont have the opportunity to import via Rig Manager?

Does the USB import work with other rigs?

I dont know if an outdated OS could cause this kind of trouble, but maybe its worth a try, if your KPA software is not up to date and the madsen pack is pretty new..

Good Luck!

I've never installed Rig Manager or updated my Kemper. I got it used and have been too scared to do either for fear of screwing everything up! Is there a stupid, stupid, STUPID simple guide to this for someone like me? Haha! Thanks for your help! You all have been great.

• What happens if you download a random rig from "Rig Exchange", put it in USB stick "Shared" folder ?

What´s in the other folders? (Backups and OS update)

I had some USB import trouble when I stored many backups in the backup folder .... Thought I was smart to

have them all in the same place 8o

Removed them all but not the latest backup and USB import worked again :)

Same with OS update folder ??? Don´t know, I only have one OS update there (kaos.bin)

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• Oh! You should update! Else you missing alot of features!

Download the latest OS for the KPA here: https://www.kemper-amps.com/do…/Operating-System-Updates

Unzip the folder and put the "kaos.bin" into the "OS Update" - folder of your USB stick. Then put it in your kemper and agree to the update.

If your current OS version is before 7.3.2 you maybe have to install this first and if you current version is even before 1.8.2 you have to install that first, but steps are the same (you can see what OS you are running on the display of your kemper when booting)

Older versions: https://www.kemper-amps.com/do…8/Older-Software-Versions

For the Rig Manager: Download the right software for Windows or MAC here: https://www.kemper-amps.com/downloads/12/Rig-Manager

Unzip and install like any other software.

After that, connect your kemper with your PC/MAC via the USB port on the backside of the KPA, open Rig Manager, start your kemper and have fun!
    ;)