What do we know about the AMP CLARITY setting?

• MANUAL:

“Clarity” changes the sound of the distortion in a new and unique way. Turning the “Clarity” soft knob to the right will bring the clean character of the sound into focus without lowering the amount of distortion. The distortion itself will become less forward in the mid frequencies and sound far more transparent.

I have been trying to make a list of things to change and what order to change them when tweaking profiles. And since I am new, I have not spent much time with CLARITY.

I am using a high gain sound since the extra harmonic information really shows off frequency changes. The first time I played with the clarity it sounded like it reduced a little bass and a little high and pushed the mid to mid-high freqs that are normally pretty strong on a 4x12 cab for example. So it sounded a little like the PURE CABINET setting to me. Bringing out the amp in the room sound a little.

The next time I played with it I noticed more of a compressor style change to the dynamics of the signal.

The one thing I seem to be missing in most profiles is the strong mid punch you get from a real amp or a speaker being driven hard. It also feels like a high gain amp loses a tiny bit of dynamic range in the profiler. To the point I was wondering if an expander would be a good option for a new effect.

But the last time I played with CLARITY, it seemed to add a little mid punch and compression effect. This gave the profile more of that mid punch I felt was missing in a lot of profiles. Punch you normally only get from a speaker being pushed hard.

Since so much of digital amplification creates this aura of not having the same feel as a real amp, I thought maybe the CLARITY setting is a key piece that may get players closer to that punch they may be missing in a lower volume application like using a DAW. What are your thoughts on the CLARITY control?

Here is a vid of M. Britt playing some hot action and getting that mid punch (since the volume is loud and all the highs are not going into the mic). But hopefully it explains what I am talking about.
    Michael Britt Tearing it up!