Windows Rig Manager eating hard drive space

• I noticed that every time I run Rig Manager (RM) it creates a backup on my PC. So every time I start the program I lose 7 MB of drive space.

Check yours at: C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Kemper Amps\RigManager\Backups

Does anyone have info on this? I did not see a place to turn this off in RM. I have just been manually deleting them occasionally.

• Hi, RosboneMako.

" every time I run Rig Manager (RM) it creates a backup on my PC"

Not happening for me.

It only creates a backup when I use the Rig Manager and run Tools | Backup Rig Manager Content

Edit: It doesn't happen on the computer running Rig Manager that is NOT connected to a PROFILER.

See: my post below for more information Windows Rig Manager eating hard drive space

• Not happening for me.

That is good news! I had RM also running on a 2nd PC that I cant get to now. I will check that one tomorrow. If that one is good, I will reinstall on my main PC.

I also had RM running on the PC I am using right now and it has 2 copies stored also. And I ran it twice here...:rolleyes: ... Let the games begin!

Can I stick a microphone in front of my PC and profile it so I dont have to deal with Windows anymore :/ Get to work on that boys!

Thanks!

• from reading the manual RM performs a backup every time it opens, no way to turn it off. I would suggest you keep them if you lose your settings because of an update or whatever else a computer will do. Trust me computers are not your friends just parts that will fail at some time.

• RM performs a backup every time it opens

1. Rig Manager does a backup each time you start it with a Profiler (Head, Rack, Stage) connected.

2. It keeps the 20 most recent backups for every Profiler you might use with Rig Manager.

3. If there's 20 backups for a specific Profiler stored, the next backup will be created as normal but the oldest backup will automatically be removed/deleted.

4. Keep in mind that these automatic backups ONLY contain data from your Profiler(s)! These backups aren't full backups of your Rig Manager content.

• Okay, I'll have to figure out where it's putting the backups - OR - maybe it only creates the backup when you are connected to a PROFILER.

I checked Rig Manager on my desktop PC. I don't connect that to a PROFILER. I use it to take screenshots and check the documentation when I'm hanging out here. I'll have to look at the PCs I have connected to PROFILERs.

Edit: Yes - that was the part I missed. It does the backup when it connects to a PROFILER.

I checked on another PC I have connected to two PROFILERs.

I have 40 backup files in the C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Kemper Amps\RigManager\Backups folder.

There are 20 backup files for each PROFILER. The files are

PROFILER Serial number - YYYY-MM-DD-some code

• That is interesting! I am big fan of reading manuals :) but I can not find this info neither in Main Manual nor in Rig Manager Manual. Can you point me to the right direction?

• Having backups available probably saves quite a bit of grief for users and Kemper Support as the option to wipe the profiler completely and start with fresh OS and a recent backup of all content is there at hand for anyone who uses a computer with the profiler.

• But it is clear to me, that while Main Manual +Addendum are both great source of information the Rig Manager Manual is quite outdated and in my view complete revision is desperatly needed!!! Also some sort of " Best practice guide" as is known in IT industry would be extremely helpfull!