"Stomps Section Disabled" - Kemper Stage

• Hello,

I'm running into a very odd problem with my stage. It's telling me the entire stomp section is disabled and there doesn't seem to be a way to turn it back on. Does anyone know how? Any theories on why this would happen in the first place?

Picture below:

Thanks!

• Have you restored a backup from another PROFILER unit, Head or Rack model?

In any case, if you are running a current OS version on your Stage a simple restart should fix that issue.

• Hi Burkhard,

Thanks for the reply. Ok, I now realize the problem only impacts a few profiles. Specifically, these are profiles I haven't loaded since I sold my old rack version. I do remember occasionally disabling the stomp section. Is that the issue?

Restarting my stage hasn't helped. I am running the latest OS build that was release (8.6.6).

Any other thoughts on how to recover these profiles...they are fantastic and I'd hate to not be able to use the stomp section!

Thanks

• If you have stored these Rigs on a Head or Rack model with the Stomps Section switched off, you are stuck as the Stage doesn't offer that Stomps Section button. Here is the best workaround I can come up with:

Plug a TS cable e.g. guitar cable into one of the PEDAL sockets of your Stage.

Configure the PEDAL socket as Mono Switch and Switch Tip = Stomps.

If you have no analog momentary switch available, you can use a paper clip or other piece of metal to close the contacts between tip and sleeve of the jack to trigger the switching.

If the switching doesn't work right from the beginning, press Calibrate once and perform a switching.

Load Rig which has Stomps Section switched off, close the contact at the jack to activate Stomps Section, Store/Replace the Rig.

Repeat process for every Rig.

• Hi Burkhard,

Sorry for the delay in my reply, but I just got some time to try your fix. You are a genius - problem solved!

For the benefit of others, I simply plugged in a boss FS-5L switch and followed Burkhard's instructions. voilà

Thank you!

Aaron

• That's pretty awkward

Either functions and parameters that the stage does not know are replaced to default values,

or better you have a soft switch in the rig menu,

because the function can be reached via MIDI or an external switch.

Be the force with you ;)

• Stomps and Effects Sections cannot be disabled via MIDI. You can via an external switch, but then you have means to reactivate. And as long as you don't press STORE you could just reload the Rig/Performance to recover.

This user disabled the Stomps/Effects sections, stored Rigs that way, and then transferred the backup onto a Stage. That is an absolute corner case.

• This user disabled the Stomps/Effects sections, stored Rigs that way, and then transferred the backup onto a Stage. That is an absolute corner case.

Exchanging rigs between the rack / toaster and the stage is not an exotic workflow.

I would expect the stage to ignore the Section button and instead deactivate all module slots when importing a rig with a deactivated section.

Be the force with you ;)

• I think I learned a useful trick from Burkhard. It’s easy enough to implement. I had been missing the ability to disable all stomps on the Stage and now I know I can simply toggle them on and off with an external switch.

I’m probably very nit-picky with my tone but I think external pedals sound slightly better into the input with stomps disabled. Thanks again!

• By the way, even OS versions back to 5.5.2 perform an automatic migration while you store a Rig in a Head or Rack model: Stomps Section off stores as modules A-D off and section on. The same applies to the Effects Section. So, these Rigs must have been stored many years ago.