Which interfaces with SPDIF would you recommend for use with the kemper?

• I've been working with my scarlett 2i2 for a long time and love it, but I'm looking for something with SPDIF for reamping purposes. I was looking at the Scarlett 8i6, but I'm looking for other suggestions as well. Interfaces with SPDIF seem to be harder to find for some reason. Any help would be great.

• Motu mk5 if money was not a concern.

This guy does great reviews on interfaces...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Yes I can tell you the Mk5 is an awesome interface for the money I have one. (so many ins and outs and is basically a mixer all in one) It does so many things for the price which is still less than most Universal Audio devices that don't do half as much.

• Following. I have been considering buying a new recording interface. I want to get one that I can use with my Mac or my PC. I use ProTools and can install that on either platform. I am currently running it on a Mac but I want to future proof this for as long as I can. I may decide to go with a PC platform in the future depending on the prices when I do the upgrade. I don't see me doing that for at least a few years though. I think the inter faces have become good enough to last for a good period of time. I am willing to spend a little on it. I need it to have a few ins and outs. I will definitely look into the Mk5 suggested here.

• I have the Motu M4 and it is exceptional. It does not have SPDIF but I still easily reamp with it using all TS cables. There really is no reason for me to get an upgrade.

• I have the Motu M4 and it is exceptional. It does not have SPDIF but I still easily reamp with it using all TS cables. There really is no reason for me to get an upgrade.

Yeah I had the M2 before and I was so happy with the M2 I did upgrade to the MK5 after I saw that guys review a while back and don't think I will need another interface for years now.

• I was looking at the M4 and the Mk5 yesterday. I am not sure which would be better for me. Both look really good. The Mk5 is .1ms faster but that could all be in the driver. The price difference in them is quite a bit. I am not sure that I would ever need all of the outputs that the Mk5 has. Call me shallow but I like the look of the color meters on the M4. The Mk5 doesn't look as nice to me.

• I was looking at the M4 and the Mk5 yesterday. I am not sure which would be better for me. Both look really good. The Mk5 is .1ms faster but that could all be in the driver. The price difference in them is quite a bit. I am not sure that I would ever need all of the outputs that the Mk5 has. Call me shallow but I like the look of the color meters on the M4. The Mk5 doesn't look as nice to me.

It's going to really depend on if you need more ins and outs over the M4 or if you want SPDIF or not. Like I said in my previous post, I reamp without SPDIF with my M4 pretty conveniently on just TS cables. But I only have one pair of monitors hooked up to it. Like so...