Best Dumble sounds?

• Hi Mats, do you have any cyber monday type of code for check out/cart by any chance? The D-style SSS Rig Pack sounds great

Hi Halipino,
    Thanks for asking, but the answer is that I priced my pack to be inexpensive all year around so people didn't have to wait for Black Friday or Cyber Monday to get them.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Hi Halipino,
    Thanks for asking, but the answer is that I priced my pack to be inexpensive all year around so people didn't have to wait for Black Friday or Cyber Monday to get them.

Cheers,

Mats N

lol right on Mats_Nermark, never hurts to ask,.:)
    I went as far as the shopping cart but saw the code thing and decided to inquisite.
    Hey THE PRICE IS RIGHT... lol bro I will gladly purchase and support your efforts and I hope these tones land on my solo LP I'm working on, can't wait to crank through these sounds! I used to be nothing but a Marshall guy but now I am learning the sacred ways of the Dumble magic! :)

Addendum:

"D-style SSS Rig Pack" is now purchased! AWESOME!!!!

Thank you

• lol right on Mats_Nermark, never hurts to ask,.:)
    I went as far as the shopping cart but saw the code thing and decided to inquisite.
    Hey THE PRICE IS RIGHT... lol bro I will gladly purchase and support your efforts and I hope these tones land on my solo LP I'm working on, can't wait to crank through these sounds! I used to be nothing but a Marshall guy but now I am learning the sacred ways of the Dumble magic! :)

Addendum:

"D-style SSS Rig Pack" is now purchased! AWESOME!!!!

Thank you

Hey Halipino,

Thanks for your support. Much appreciated!!

If they do get on your LP, please post something so we all can partake.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Well, if you're into the D*mble type of sounds, I have two other packs that you may like. The ODS-style pack (profiles of a Bludo-Drive like the one Larry Carlton has) and the SSS-style pack (profiles of a Bludo clone of a Steel String Singer which is my absolute favourite). CHeck out the audio demos on my web site.

Cheers,

Mats N

Is the Black Goop back a real ODS? What kind of cabs/speakers/mics are used for the profiles? Thanks :)

• Is the Black Goop back a real ODS? What kind of cabs/speakers/mics are used for the profiles? Thanks :)

I have promised the owner of the profiled equipment to never ever tell anyone what was used or who owns the gear. I intend to keep that promise.
    But if you like the profiles and have fun playing them, the rest is sort of irrelevant.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Are you saying Santana moved to a Kemper with these tones or he is actually playing that particular "real" amp?

The real amps. Santana played Mesa Boogie from the early days of the hot-rodded Fender Princetons back in the mid 70s. He seems to have diversified a little in more recent times.

Funny thing: In the most well known film of him playing live - Soul Sacrifice at Woodstock, he is actually playing this 500 watt Kustom solid state beast. He chose it just for the volume he thought he would need for the live outdoor gig with the huge audience.

• The real amps. Santana played Mesa Boogie from the early days of the hot-rodded Fender Princetons back in the mid 70s. He seems to have diversified a little in more recent times.

Funny thing: In the most well known film of him playing live - Soul Sacrifice at Woodstock, he is actually playing this 500 watt Kustom solid state beast. He chose it just for the volume he thought he would need for the live outdoor gig with the huge audience.

Michael Shrieve is the greatest drummer on planet earth during those few moments when playing Soul Sacrifice at Woodstock. love that

• @ Halipino

The whole performance is amazing. There are some good analyses of the performance on Youtube. They point to structured nature of the solo - a series of questions and answers and then out - and the way interest is sustained throughout.

• I have promised the owner of the profiled equipment to never ever tell anyone what was used or who owns the gear. I intend to keep that promise.
    But if you like the profiles and have fun playing them, the rest is sort of irrelevant.

Cheers,

Mats N

How about the other Dumble packs? There's certain speakers/mics I like and dislike, and I tend to buy profiles where that's states specifically.

• How about the other Dumble packs? There's certain speakers/mics I like and dislike, and I tend to buy profiles where that's states specifically.

For each of the packs (e.g., The Black Goop Pack) there are sound clips on SoundCloud. These went a long way toward convincing me where to invest the last of my 2021 budget for commercial rig packs.

• How about the other Dumble packs? There's certain speakers/mics I like and dislike, and I tend to buy profiles where that's states specifically.

The ODS-style pack used a MD421 microphone into a Celestion V30. I was doubting that choice until I heard and played it.

The SSS-style pack used a MD421 on an EV speaker. Spot on for those kinds of sounds.

Cheers,

Mats N