Caffe Reggio

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

A little chilled bass driven jazzy number for today. Happy thanksgiving everyone!

• Brilliant Per, so much in it, so many little things that pile up and make the overall tune and impression. Chilling indeed.

And regarding the discussion in the other thread: I know those doubts and frustrations sometimes very well myself. Not easy to stand for sure. I hope from the feedbacks here in the forum you can at least figure out that you have some outstanding talents shown by all the Per-ish stuff you make. I still enjoy your output here very much! :thumbup:8)

• very cool vibes :)

As per guitar frustration, I highly recommend learning new instruments and singing , so much rewarding as a musician perspective than the feel of stagnation we all encounter.

Trumpet was such a cool move and I can annoy my kids and neighbors unplugged now ^^, abs and breath improved much afterwards, I was then ready to learn singing. Next step : trombone and alto flute 8)

Bonus , with your musical culture and ear, you'll progress on a new instrument way faster than any beginner as you benefit from an huge musical practice already. not to mention that you'll be tracking these new instruments in a few weeks only with much much fun.

• You must love getting in those finger stretches with the bass. Using mine today and my fingers are confused. :P

Happy Thanksgiving!

waraba Santa is supposed to send me a vocal mic and some lessons this year. I just ordered from Sweetwater to make sure he does. ;)

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Thanks chaps.

deadman42 you're being very kind but I know I have to raise my sights higher than just current "Per" if I hope to make something that's got some actual weight to it and that really connects.

Thanks MuddySludge I'm a big fan of those records, the stuff before Barry Gordy polished the funk too far, the fantastic openings on Baby Huey's Hard Times andTemptations version of Papa was a rollin' stone (though Undisputed Truth is dope too). Wish I could have 1/10th the talent those musicians, producers and engineers had.

Good advice waraba but I still haven't learnt the guitar! I get it though, it adds a new perspective and sounds to work with. I think though the issue is less to do with the instruments and more with my whole approach to writing which ends up being too spongey, not tight enough, too much pad and drone not enough song structure and melody.

Thanks Monkey_Man I think that's probably more by accident than design. More stuff I need to work on :)

I do find it's pretty good for that BayouTexan , stick with it, it's a fun instrument to play, just work your way up slowly with it. Good luck with the vocal lessons, I'm jealous!

• Thanks Monkey_Man I think that's probably more by accident than design. More stuff I need to work on :)

Ahh... the ol' self-deprecating Brother Per.

Credit where it's due mate. If you're musical-enough this stuff comes naturally to you and you don't even think about it.