Create Profiles with Suhr Reactive Load 'IR Out' ..??

• So the sound I get out of my amp, through the Suhr RLIR into my Interface is just awesome, I definitely wanna capture it, but I've never created a profile before.

I read about direct profiles, using a DI box etc, but I wanna know, if I can go from the 'IR out' of the Loadbox with a TRS cable into the Kemper Return, to profile exactly what I'm hearing?? The whole Amp head through IR sound?

Is that possible, did anyone do that yet? I'm unexperienced with profiling and don't wanna mess things up.

Thanks

• I am no profiling expert but earlier attempts to capture my amps were pretty lame. Fast forward a year or so I used a Suhr Reactive load (non IR) and ran the signal into a Focusrite 2i4 > Reaper > various IR's > back into the Kemper.

Thought the captures came out pretty good really. I almost gave up on the Suhr but the Pete Thorn video stressed the use of a XLR - TRS balanced line - cable. I used the cable to get good IR tones (just amp into audio device then DAW). It was then I took it one step further and profiled a couple of amps with decent results.

There should be some members here who can assist with your captures (notice IR's are used in their profiles). Wish I could help but as stated I am no profiling guru. Good luck!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I have used the Suhr Reactive Load IR for profiling. It has worked fine.

The last profiles had………

Kemper Send going to a CAE 3~SE preamp input. Kemper Send was ground lifted.

3+ SE preamp out into a Mesa 295 power amp input.
    Mesa 295 8 ohm speaker out in Suhr Reactive Load IR.
    Suhr Reactive Load IR out to the Kemper Return.

When I needed to do a DI profile, I just switched to the Suhr unfiltered output back to the Kemper Return.