Live Performance.......do you use your KPA Tuner?

• Yep, using it live. Could be handy, though. I'm always afraid to swich the knob accidentally one step too further and shut down the whole unit, eeeks! I hope the upcoming KPA ground contoller will come out soon and fix that problem.

• Got a Korg DTR-2000 in the rack. If I didn't already own it before I got the KPA, I probably would have just used that tuner (you can switch it via MIDI so you don't need to touch the chickenhead on stage).
    But still using the Korg since it's in the rack anyway and it's a great tuner...

• Recently, in between songs, at a pretty big gig (big for our band of part timers) in SF, at the Great American Music Hall, I made the mistake of using the main power switch to to turn on the tuner, unfortunately in my excitement, I went right past the tuner notch and hit the Off notch.

I almost crapped my pants right there.
    [Blocked Image: http://www.tandemmedia.com/images/tgp/babycrap.jpg]

All I could think was "It's going to take a long time for this thing to reboot. I was ready to break out in a little soft shoe to entertain the audience, while we waited.

Fortunately, the Kemper didn't go off as expected, I guess there some delay before it actually shuts down, and I was able to turn the knob back to tuner in time.

Since that time, a couple good things have happened. 1. I setup my Behringer FCB-1010 to access the tuner by midi. No more touching the power knob during the gig, and secondly, Kemper has shortened the boot time in the newest firmware, so I guess in a worse case scenario, the wait wouldn't be as long.

Edited 2 times, last by davec69 ().