my profiler wont update

• Ddoes anyone know why my profiler wont update to latest version of operating system? USB does not function for such, (in correct OS file ect). Rig Manager starts the install process, then profiler states it failed. Have been in touch with support multiple times, no luck at this time.

• so my rig manager is saying I need Profiler OS 8.6 to update ... where can I get v8.6? I went to the Kemper download page and all that is there is 8.6.6 (which won't update my 8.5.6). The "older" version option doesn't show 8.6. I'm lost, and now Rig Manager (which updated to 3.2.57 won't work with my Profiler).X(

• so, USB install worked. It's always unclear the dance steps to upgrade Rig Manager before or after a Profiler update. Sometimes it says you must upgrade RM first ... in this case, I guess not.

• If you leave the upgrade process to Rig Manger, it will manage Rig Manager and OS upgrades in the correct order. That way you cannot end up in a dead end.

If you upgrade the OS via USB flash drive, you need to check the compatibility hints. You find these on the download pages and also in the changelog document included in the OS upgrade package.

Normally, you can update the OS in one step. For example the upgrade from 8.5.6 to 8.6.6 doesn't require any interim step. Ther only two exceptions.

1. If the current OS is older than 1.8.2, you need to install 1.8.2 first.

2. If the current OS is between 1.8.2 and (before) 7.3.2, you need to install 7.3.2. Then you can upgrade to current OS.

• thanks, but it seem Rig Manager would not update my Profiler OS. It said it could not install and that I needed OS 8.6 to update. I have 8.5.6 on my Profiler, and Rig Manager 3.2.57.

Rig manager has worked to upgrade itself and my Profiler in the past. Not sure why this one was problematic.

• This is what the Rig Manager 3.2.57 notes say:

KEMPER Rig Manager™ allows you to preview and manage your collection of PROFILER™ Rigs, Performances, and presets.
    This version of Rig Manager should be used in combination with PROFILER OS 8.6 or higher.

The current OS 8.6.6 is a 8.6 by the way.

Rig Manager 3.2.57 and OS 8.6.6 are the current compatible release revisions. Many thousand users have performed this update and are using this combination successfully. There is no generic issue for RM 3.2.57 updating from OS 8.5.6 to 8.6.6.

• Thanks for that update. I believe what happened for me was that when I launched Rig Manager, it said it needed to update to 3.2.57, so I did. I did not realize the Profiler OS needed to be updated to 8.6 FIRST -- BEFORE doing the RM update. So I ended up with RM at 3.2.57 but Profiler OS only at 8.5.6, not the required 8.6. RM apparently doesn't check Profiler OS when RM updates itself.

Certainly reviewing the release notes is important, however when you get an update notice it's a bit human nature to tell it to go ahead. It would be a good feature if RM did a check of the Profiler version installed before it updates so RM doesn't update itself to a version not compatible with what's on the Profiler.

• You are drawing wrong conclusions. There is no need to update the OS from OS 8.5 before updating RM to 3.2.37. If RM 3.2.57 meets a PROFILER with an older OS - even much older than your 8.5 -, it will report that the PROFILER needs to be updated and suggest to perform that update. Thousands have done it that way.

Check cables and restart PROFILER and RM.