Deletion Day is coming!

• Still high. I was at 796, I'm at 365 (including all the last updates) and want to end at max 250...hopefully by this evening...

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Still high. I was at 796, I'm at 365 (including all the last updates) and want to end at max 250...hopefully by this evening...

OK. Now let's think about this. Before the KPA, how many amps were at your disposal? Even taking into account that some rigs are variations of a common amp, paring down your list of rigs to 250 is testimony to where we've arrived. I'm still shaking my head at the virtual amps at my disposal. God bless you CK, you're a friggin' genius! :thumbup:8o:thumbup:

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• kindda funny... I was (and have been all my life) a minimilist...well to a degree, and I had the same thought on the Kemper.. sure, I dont need anything more than 5 or 10 great different amp rigs on my system, that should cover the grounds. - now ive got 1200 or so!!

Reason is.. no matter where you are, or what your doing, sometimes the grass is always greener etc...

And was fedup of spending far to long transferring files back and forth, as soon as I removed an amp.. a few days later I'd need it for whatever im working on again. so now they are there to stay.. :)

So the morel of the story is.. - its always better to have a choice.....but its also more damaging also....(scratches head)

• I keep lots of profiles on my cpu and enjoy having exploration days, but I generally keep my KPA down to 50-100 at a time for day to day stuff...I'd actually like it lower, I can't stand scrolling through all the patches looking for my goto tones. My head would explod if I kept 1200 on the unit- how could you do anymore than hit a chord and move onto the next one? I would be stuck in profile war and never finish a song! ;(

• yes, yes

the hunter-gatherer-syndrom!

i had 550 and could not stop to play. which was nice. :) couldn´t finish a song. which wasn't. :(
    once i have reduced my profiles to the handy number of 70 everything went smoothly.
    i recommend the combined crankyrayhanky-geraldo-method: have once in a week a stroll-through-the-nu-profiles-day
    and leave 50 faves on your KPA to keep temptation of noodling around to the minimum.

have fun! :D

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• Yeah, this is a first world problem indeed. The need to "complete" a collection of something is deeply ingrained in us, though some have it worse than others. I'm not even sure how many are currently on my KPA... both the originals and the update rig pack, Amp Farm and Armin's bundles, about 20 I downloaded myself from the exchange, a bunch I found on Silent Thunder Ground and a small handful of bass amp profiles I made myself using Amplitube SVX.

Anyway, it's not nearly as bad as some of you've mentioned but I do still feel like I'm drowning in choice. I think I figured out part of my problem: It's possible to make any profile sound good! OK, maybe this is hyperbole, but early on I found that with not too much tweaking I could get a lackluster profile to sound great with a little tweaking here and there. A lot of that could be because the factory packs are all good to begin with but need a little tailoring. So I keep thinking, "Oh, maybe I'll keep that one around... there could be a pearl in that one if I look hard enough. This leads to never deleting a single profile. :| I tell myself that an editor librarian application to help manage profiles would help fix all of this... but we all know that's a lie. ^^

So things could be worse. I've told myself that I've got a decent complement of nearly every classic amp known to mankind and a bunch of exotic boutique stuff as well, so there's no need to go to the rig exchange any more. Except if someone posts a Pearce... and bass amps... still would like to pick up a few more good bass amps... :P

• My name is Neil and I know how you're feeling - its like kids in a sweet shop.

I had well over 1000, waisted loads of time. Everytime I start to do the housekeeping I deleting some but found something else to add. :(

I don't think its going to be easy but the enhanced search facility helps. I creating a list of c 25 amps I really want to use and have resolved to commit to audition and delete.

Is there a easy way to know how many amps and rigs you have so I can chart my weekly progress?

Neil

• Make a backup un the usb and open the file on your computer. This will show you how many rigs you have

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff