Profiler Stage -> Scarlett 8i6 via S/PDIF

• Good afternoon Kemper users,

Yesterday I received my Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 which I bought because it has S/PDIF connections. I would like to record and monitor my Profiler Stage through S/PDIF.

I've watched a bunch of YT video's where the connection seems pretty easy to set up. But no matter what I try, I can't get any signal. I matched the SPDIF clocks of the KPA and the Focusrite. In Focusrite Control, I've tried both 'Internal' and 'S/PDIF' as a clock source.

These are my Focusrite Control settings: [Blocked Image: https://ibb.co/9Y7X5QJ]

I am using these cables: https://www.mediamarkt.nl/nl/p…x-cinch-1-5m-1695306.html

Can anyone tell me what seems wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Pascal

• You need 2 pieces of these:

https://www.thomann.de/nl/cordial_cpds1_cc_digitalkabel.htm

1. There's longer ones as well if you need

2. If you get them, be careful. They are great but they sit pretty tight on the sockets. If you need to disconnect, do NOT just pull them out. Turnthem slightly while pulling!!! Otherwise you could damage your sockets.

3. Make sure you connect In->Out and Out->In, I've seen it happen that someone did it wrong. :)

Hope this helps

• So it is probably the cables. I read an article on the website where I ordered my interface, from where I thought these cables would do. Wrong thinking on my side.

Thanks for your reactions! I will order a set of cables you refered to.

• A couple of things:

1 - basic RCA audio cables should “work” in as much as you should still be getting some sound. as others have pointed out you do still need proper 75ohm digital cables as audio cables may result in clicks and pops in the audio but I wouldn’t expect you get no signal at all.

2 - what to you have set as the SPDIF output on the KPA. You probably want to use Master Stereo.

3 - I suspect the real problem is a setting in Focusrite’s Control software. I still use the old version Saffire Mix Control which looks very different so I can’t be sure what the correct settings are for your setup but check the SPDIF Input and output assignments again.

• Hi Wheresthedug, thanks for your advice.

1. Yes, thats what the shop said. I've still ordered the already mentioned cables. They are being shipped right now.

2. It is set as Master Stereo.

3. That is what I was thinking initiatlly. I'm new to this piece of software and haven't figured it out enough. I however did watch a Youtube video on connecting the Kemper with a Focusrite 6i6 (which is similar to mine) and I've copied his settings in Focusrite Control. Didn't work.

• I have a 6i6 and these are my settings. Maybe this helps:

The SPDIF-cable is in the input of the interface and the output of the profiler. Headphones in the monitor-output of the interface.

Oh and i use 44,1khz on both devices as sample rate.

Kemper output on spdif is set on GIT/Master Mono.

With this settings you can play music over your computer/mac and play along.

If I want to record something i just need to record channel 6 in my DAW. (Channel 5 is the GIT-signal)

• Hi guys,

I have received the mentioned cables today and this was indeed the solution. I had a signal directly after the cable was connected. Thanks for the help! Also thanks to spotter for sharing your settings in Focusrite Control. This helped me on the way as well.