Total Noobie Question

• doing a bit of reading and hands on tweaking with my new Kemper Powered Rack.

can anyone be so kind to tell me how I can have a set volume output across all the rigs I’m using. As for now when I go from one song to the next that requires a different rig when I change it the volume changes. Not good for performing. How can I have a consistent volume across multiple rig changes?

Thanks for being patient with my noobie question. I will try to limit them.

• Welcome to the family ?

you have to edit your rig outputs to get the rest level you want.

Make sure you do this at live playing volume

Rigs with more distortion will sound quieter then clean rigs, until you adjust

• In BROWSER mode press and hold "AMPLIFIER" and then step with soft button "PAGE" to "Volume" and edit with rotary knob, then press "EXIT" and "STORE".

Save as "replace", or you´ll end up with multiple rigs with the same name ..... :wacko:

OR , just adjust the volume with "VOLUME" ( not master ! ) and press "STORE". Save as "replace".

Be aware that any other changes will also be saved , so do volume changes only to start with, to get levels right !

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• How to optimize volumes?

Rig Volume (bottom row left) is made for adjusting relative volume differences between Rigs for your performance. In general it should be placed on or around the middle position (unity volume). If you do that, you should rarely see a red OUTPUT LED.

We have put weeks of work into the PROFILER™ for creating a constant volume situation. One aspect of this is that the volume is automatically fine-tuned during the PROFILING™ process. But this cannot be done 100% perfectly, because a perceived volume is not necessarily equal to a measured energy.

The sound (here the frequency spectrum) of your guitar will also have an impact on the perceived volume. A Strat single coil will deliver totally different results compared to a humbucker on a 7-string guitar. This cannot be anticipated or calculated. Last but not least, the most important: The output volume of your guitar. The levels of various guitars could differ by more than 20 dB. That's a lot!

Clean sounds fully depend on the volume of your guitar (unless you use a compressor) while high gain sounds are mostly constant due to the compression aspect of the distortion. This is why it's mandatory to "tell" the PROFILER about the volume of your guitar by adjusting the Clean Sens parameter in the INPUT section.

Please read the respective chapter in the manual or view the tutorial video about the INPUT section. If you set the Clean Sens parameter correctly for your guitar, so that clean an distorted sounds have the same energy for your ears, you will have the perfect setting for your guitar: - only minor volume differences between different Rigs - no red LED on input nor output. The PROFILER performs automatic leveling during the PROFILING process. This can later be modified by you with the target guitar, your ears and a simple tweak of a knob.

Source: ? Kemper FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)

More resources

? Kemper Manuals and Quick Start guides ?

? Rig Manager Download and Documentation ??

? Kemper Tutorials & Demos (videos) ?

Download Main Manual 8.5 English

? Before you buy Commercial Rigs and Profiles check out the Rig Manager for Rig Packs and Rig Exchange

?Yes, you can change a Profile - The Biggest Myth About the Kemper