General volume adjustment

• Hi all

Is there a way to adjust the volumes of rigs at the same level (Rig manager or directly on the profiler)? I have plenty of them, set at very different levels, and I would like them to be homogenized.

Edited once, last by graoully ().

• I'm gonna check the input functions. I can say all the rigs have a different volume, that's not only a difference between clean and overdriven. I set all the rigs over time and probably adjusted the rig volume differently.

• I watched the Kemper video. I did what they explain, enter the input menu, adjust the Clean Sens and Distortion Sens , then hit the lock button, in order to apply the setup to all the rigs. Then, all my other rigs kept their own input setup, nothing's changed !!

• I watched the Kemper video. I did what they explain, enter the input menu, adjust the Clean Sens and Distortion Sens , then hit the lock button, in order to apply the setup to all the rigs. Then, all my other rigs kept their own input setup, nothing's changed !!

Can you please post a link of this video? I'm fighting this same battle at the moment.

• I have never adjusted clean or distortion sense.

To balance rigs, use rig volume. Done.

The KPA does some leveling but given some sounds cut better than others, its not just about volume. Hence its better that you do balance them manually.

• Clean (and distortion) sens isn’t for balancing rigs to other rigs.

It’s for balancing the *same* rig against different guitars with varying outputs.

Rig volume is what you want to balance rig to rig.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Clean (and distortion) sens isn’t for balancing rigs to other rigs.

It’s for balancing the *same* rig against different guitars with varying outputs.

Rig volume is what you want to balance rig to rig.

Clean Sense is definitely for balancing Clean Rigs to Dirty Rigs on a Global Level. Distortion Sense is for balancing guitars.

Quote from kemper manual

If you feel that clean sounds are either very loud or very soft compared to distorted sounds, you can adjust Clean Sens to a level where clean sounds have the same perceived loudness as distorted sounds. Clean Sens determines the volume of clean sounds, but not the way that the amp or the effects are driven. A guitar with low output level stays cleaner; a hot guitar will still distort more easily.

• Clean Sense is definitely for balancing Clean Rigs to Dirty Rigs on a Global Level. Distortion Sense is for balancing guitars.

Hm yes and no. You can definitely use clean sense to balance clean vs. dirty on a per guitar basis. Some guitars need a different clean sense level to have clean and dirty rigs have the same perceived volume.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Clean Sense is definitely for balancing Clean Rigs to Dirty Rigs on a Global Level. Distortion Sense is for balancing guitars.

I respectfully disagree. The sentence before your quote in the manual is crucial.

No mention of balancing rig vs rig.

Also, the input section tutorial on the Kemper site says nothing about rig to rig balance. It does state that the input section can be used to optimize the Profiler for specific guitars.

Different types of guitars produce different output levels depending on their pickups and string gauge: for example, humbucker pickups generate higher voltages compared to single coils, and active guitars generate even hotter signal levels.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Hm yes and no. You can definitely use clean sense to balance clean vs. dirty on a per guitar basis. Some guitars need a different clean sense level to have clean and dirty rigs have the same perceived volume.

This always surprises me as I set Clean Sense around -5 and leave it there for all my guitars. I never feelthe need to tweak it on a per guitar basis.

• Well it's not an issue if you generally use a specific guitar for at specific rig.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Well it's not an issue if you generally use a specific guitar for at specific rig.

I actually have half a dozen guitars I use regularly from single coil strat type to Tele to PRS vintage and modern types and even EMG Luke set. I use random rigs. Rather than tweak a lot I just pick a rig and play so it covers a lot of ground but I still rarely move clean sense from around the -5 range.

Maybe I'm just weird ?

• Well maybe I'm wrong. Try this:

Lowest output guitar

Looper at input

Strum something

While looping, rotate gain from 0 to 10 back and forth

Adjust clean sense until the two outer gain positions seem to have the same volume.

Repeat with highest output guitar

Same clean sense needed?

• We'll see :)

• I actually have half a dozen guitars I use regularly from single coil strat type to Tele to PRS vintage and modern types and even EMG Luke set. I use random rigs. Rather than tweak a lot I just pick a rig and play so it covers a lot of ground but I still rarely move clean sense from around the -5 range.

Maybe I'm just weird ?

I would expect it to work this way. I don't change it either. I expect different guitars with different pickups to sound different, just like they do with my amps.