General volume adjustment

• This always surprises me as I set Clean Sense around -5 and leave it there for all my guitars. I never feelthe need to tweak it on a per guitar basis.

I am the same. -5 on Clean Sens. Les Paul, Strat, Tele etc.

As stated in the post above by JEverly, I expect my different guitars to sound different.

• Looks like you need to adjust the rig volumes o the the individual rigs unfortunately.

totally agree.

Adjust rig by rig with the rig volume knob. *And remember to save it everytime.

I do prefer to have clean and cleani-sh rigs a bit lower than distorted ones.

About the clean sense control, I use it to balance the differences of the output level between differend gutars ( or pick up types)

So I ve saved one preset for les pauls, one for tele, one for strato ..and so on.

Anytime I switch guitar I also switch to its relative input setting preset.

In this way I keep tonals differences depending by the kind of guitar I'm using, but, more or less, at the same level and I don't have to adjust the Rig as I would in in a "classic" amp situation.

On the other side I leave the distorted sense always at 0. As far as I remember I ve read somewhere in the manual or here on the forum that it acts like a sort of offset of the gain knob but actually I ve never had the neet to experiment with it, probably because I mostly use les paul with humbuckers with similar output for distorted rigs.

• I think this shows how confusing clean and distorted sense is.

I've never understood why it isn't a simple input gain level, hence I never touch it. I don't get the connection with guitars because that still assumes you use one guitar for clean and one for distorted.

Its been explained to me loads of times but I still don't fully get it ;)

• I finally got a chance to play around with this tonight with 3 different guitars. Tele style with Sey,our Duncan Vintage Broadcaster pickups, Music Man Luke with EMG and PRS with 57/08 HB. To my ears I would still leave Clean Sens around -5 for everything. Any higher than this and the Cleans seem to overpower the overdriven tones. Lower than this and cleans get a bit lost. I personally don't hear enough difference to want to mess with this on a guitar by guitar basis but that's just me.

• Can you please post a link of this video? I'm fighting this same battle at the moment.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.