Profiling other modeling devices.

• Hi!

I have an older avid eleven rack which i used extensively before i got the kemper.

I recorded quite a bit of material with it and want to keep a few setups i made on it but want to use the kemper as the eleven rack and win10 have their issues with each other.

Has anyone here profiled any modeler?

What i tried is just use the direct output of the eleven rack into the Return input of the profiler and start profiling.

But i always only get the "too noisy" message. When I turn down the output of the eleven rack or the profile volume on the kemper, it's always the same message until i reach the point where it sais "volume too low".

"Without cab" doesn't work either.

Is it even possible to go that way or so i have to get the eleven rack set up with a poweramp and cab and mic it to get a profile done?

• I have successfully profiled a few Line6 and a Behringer modeling amps by using normal 1/4" TR unbalanced guitar cords.

It almost sounds like you are using TRS balanced cables and the Kemper is using a microphone level. The line level signal will be way too loud.

I would try normal cables and/or connect to a mixer or some other line level device so you can see and control the volume more.

• I have successfully profiled a few Line6 and a Behringer modeling amps by using normal 1/4" TR unbalanced guitar cords.

It almost sounds like you are using TRS balanced cables and the Kemper is using a microphone level. The line level signal will be way too loud.

I would try normal cables and/or connect to a mixer or some other line level device so you can see and control the volume more.

hi!

i actually just managed to do it!

i used a simple 1/4 guitar chord from the kemper to the 11R and a xlr back.

i had to get the gain down to 0.2 on the 11r to get it to work and the final profile is very high on presence. I'll see if i can get to the "original" sound via tweaking. ive already come pretty close.

what exactly do you mean by the kemper using mic level? maybe i just have a input level issue here that i overlooked.

• There already are plenty of Eleven Rack Profiles in the Rig Exchange -> meaning it works if properly set up.

Please tag these Profiles clearly, so there is no confusion between Profiles of tube amps and Profiles taken from a modeler.

yeah, i have discovered a few in rig manager and they sound pretty good actually. but i have made some unique ones for my project that i need to finish my recording. i was hoping to get some insight in how i can get a high quality profile out of my 11r stuff. guess i will have to play around with it a little to get behind the magic :)

thanks for your response

• yeah, i have discovered a few in rig manager and they sound pretty good actually. but i have made some unique ones for my project that i need to finish my recording. i was hoping to get some insight in how i can get a high quality profile out of my 11r stuff. guess i will have to play around with it a little to get behind the magic :)

thanks for your response

it should be very straightforward. Profiling modelers just requires two cables (not counting guitar -> PROFILER)

make sure no time based fx are active, no compressors and no noise gates.