Morph question

• I am really liking the idea of the morph option...however I'm not a huge effects guy so that eliminates alot of options.

What I am looking to do is morph from say a clean fender twin sound to a different fender twin profile that is turned up a bit with a bit more drive. Is this doable? Can I morph from one profile to another or does the drive have to come from an effect?

• morphing happens inside a rig-you cannot morph between different profiles. If you want to go from clean to dirty you can either morph the gain or morph the mix value of a drive effect in front of the amp stack.

• As noted above, you can't morph from one profile to another. However, you can change the values of several things at the same time with the morph function. You can probably get what you are looking for by setting up morph changes on the amp itself or put a drive in front of it and set the mix to zero then morph the mix to where you want it for the tone you are looking for. You can change multiple values with morph so you could do both of these things at the same time if that is what is needed to get the tone you are looking for.

• I know what you're saying. I have a Roland GP100 that I bought back in the 90's that can morph from one amp to another, and anywhere in between. I really like my Kemper but unfortunately it can't do that. I use the Kemper morphing to dynamically adjust the amp gain and EQ using an expression pedal assignment.

• I know this isn't helping, but before I implemented the Kemper into my live rig, I thought I would need all these different amps but wound up seeing it gives people "ear vertigo" to switch between too drastic of amps. In the "real amp" world, this doesn't happen. I recall when I got my Kemper Wheres the dug told me his first gig used 3 profiles and it was great and I thought"Why limit yourself" but now I realize how much can be done with 3 profiles. And the fact that a Kemper acts like a tube amp when you add drives or turn down your volume makes those 3 rigs more versatile than any amp I ever gigged with and I've played in bands that did Beach Boys to country to 80's rock to Pantera. Add the ability to use morph to turn any sound into a lead volume when you play a gig the FOH expects you to BYOB (Bring your own boost) (I've actually been told that, that it's MY responsibility to turn up leads) and I can get by with 5 rigs EASY. Now, for "special effects" tones or songs where I will go through harmony presets or something else (like playing "Money for nothing" )they will have their own bank, but I'll still use one of my favorites most likely. IMO after a while you find your favorites and stick with them . The great thing about the Kemper is you can be as fickle as you want. When you spend 3,000 on an amp head, most people don't get to go Hmmm and switch to a different 3,000.00 head. With the Kemper you can. Choices are the hardest thing to deal with with the Kemper. Any tube amp you kinda get what you get and deal with it.

• I know this isn't helping, but before I implemented the Kemper into my live rig, I thought I would need all these different amps but wound up seeing it gives people "ear vertigo" to switch between too drastic of amps. In the "real amp" world, this doesn't happen. I recall when I got my Kemper Wheres the dug told me his first gig used 3 profiles and it was great and I thought"Why limit yourself" but now I realize how much can be done with 3 profiles. And the fact that a Kemper acts like a tube amp when you add drives or turn down your volume makes those 3 rigs more versatile than any amp I ever gigged with and I've played in bands that did Beach Boys to country to 80's rock to Pantera. Add the ability to use morph to turn any sound into a lead volume when you play a gig the FOH expects you to BYOB (Bring your own boost) (I've actually been told that, that it's MY responsibility to turn up leads) and I can get by with 5 rigs EASY. Now, for "special effects" tones or songs where I will go through harmony presets or something else (like playing "Money for nothing" )they will have their own bank, but I'll still use one of my favorites most likely. IMO after a while you find your favorites and stick with them . The great thing about the Kemper is you can be as fickle as you want. When you spend 3,000 on an amp head, most people don't get to go Hmmm and switch to a different 3,000.00 head. With the Kemper you can. Choices are the hardest thing to deal with with the Kemper. Any tube amp you kinda get what you get and deal with it.

This is spot on! I see this a lot with users of many of these digital devices. People want them to be the king of them all and have all of the features of every device on the market. They stock pile tons of profiles and presets and try to get it to do everything they have ever heard. In reality, if you are using these things for gigging, it just doesn't work that way. You don't need 20 amps at a 4 hour show. When taking an amp to a show we all usually only take one. Then we take a pedal board to add effects and drives to alter the tone of that one amp. For some reason people try to come at this from a "I need to have everything" point when using a digital device.

I agree that it is like a form of vertigo for the audience. I have been in the audience when someone was changing rigs or presets for every song. They are rarely volume matched and the difference in tone is usually pretty drastic. It wasn't a pleasant experience as a listener. That type of thing also feeds into the "digital devices are terrible" thinking in the minds of those watching it happen. To me the saying "less is more" is really important with devices like the Kemper. It is easy to over do it. Tweak in small increments. Listen to it in various settings. Your experience will be much more satisfying.

• if you are using these things for gigging, it just doesn't work that way. You don't need 20 amps at a 4 hour show. When taking an amp to a show we all usually only take one. Then we take a pedal board to add effects and drives to alter the tone of that one amp.

That type of thing also feeds into the "digital devices are terrible" thinking in the minds of those watching it happen.

Your whole reply was spot on , almost like I wrote it! I look at my Kemper as my killer Vintage Marshall super lead with simplicity, versatility, consistency and built in FX. What started out frustrating because of all the choices, I pretty much use 2 amps now 90% of the time, the variance comes from say if I use a tele or P-90's I'll often use the famous Morgan AC 20 everyone loves (including me) or for cleaner sounds maybe a /13 or something all that can be tweeksd for gain, have a pedal boost etc. Utopia!