Output section volume settings issue.

• Good morning,

Over the last times I used my Kemper I experienced some issues regarding the sound quality of the profiles, both clean and distorted.

I started to think that the cause could be due to wrong output volume settings.

I mainly use my Kemper with headphones and the issue is more pronounced when I hear it through my Headrush FRFR 108 speaker.
    I also have a Focusrite Scarlett connected to my Kemper through an SPDIF cable.

Here are my settings:

Main Volume -13 dB

Direct Volume -14 dB

Headphones Vol. -7 dB

SPDIF Volume 0.0 dB

Pure Cabinet 2.5

Space 2.5

The volume I hear through the speaker is ok but the quality seems rather poor compared on what I hear by headphones.

Should I change something in those values? For example settings al of these to 0 dB and adjust them on the speaker?

Many thanks!

• Not sure, why you skipped Monitor Volume!?

The MONITOR OUTPUT might be the first choice to drive your powered frfr speaker.

It leaves the MAIN OUTPUT for FOH.

Thanks for replying me!

My speaker is connected to one channel of main output: could this impact on sound quality?

Monitor output is off.

Basically, I am using just the SPDIF out and one Main output channel in my current setup.
    And of course, the front jack for headphones.

Thanks!

• The MAIN OUT XLR is quite hot. Have you tried the -12dB PAD switch in the Output Section?

I have adjusted the volume on my speaker according to the output level of my Kemper to an acceptable level for my room.
    My concern here is that these settings could affect the sound quality so this could be the reason for what I'm feeling.

Thanks again.