Performance Mode: Please give me the option to save the on/off state of Pedals I-IV when switching slots within a performance!

• Example: I have a clean amp rig in slot 1 with overdrive, gritty delay, and modulated reverb for effect pedals I-III respectively. Slot 2 is my heavy riff rig. The song starts with Slot 1 (clean) with just modulated reverb. As the intro progresses, I step on pedals I and II to add drive and delay . Then switches to slot 2 for the chorus. For the 2nd verse, I need to go back to the same sound I had before the chorus - clean with drive, gritty delay, and reverb. This means I now have to step on Slot 1, Pedal I, and Pedal II as fast as I can since the change in the song is instant. If the state of the pedals would be stored when I switch slots, this wouldn't be a problem.

Adding this feature would also mean I wouldn't have to save separate performances per song, as I do now. I could have a more formulaic approach to my live performance, and probably be able to just use one performance in total.

This one feature would be the difference between me having to program different rigs, which frankly, has me considering other modeler options.

As for a UI solution, you could simply add a toggle to the system settings, something to the effect of "save effect I-IV states" in performance settings. Or it could be slot specific under "slot settings" tab. And even better if we could also save Morph states when switching between slots.

• Just a workaround but you could add your delay and drive as instant morphing. And then when you get back you either click once to get the original state or twice to get the morph state.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• This is a solid move. I'm currently having to do this in my live performances and it's a bit troublesome at times to figure out to do x y and z. I believe this idea could help with that.

• If you were going to do this, I'd prefer to make the decision

• At the System level (global)
    • Optional override at the Performance level

We have other settings that are global that can be overridden at the Rig level.

Reason:

I want most Performances to have the slots always sound the way I stored them (e.g., verse, pre-chorus, chorus, bridge, solo).

I want some Performances to retain the state of the stomps for as long as I'm in the same Performance (more freestylin').

• As ST said, in most cases I would find this annoying and confusing but I have had some instances where it would definitely have been useful. A global setting with Rig Override would be a good solution but would also add significant complexity.

I don’t have a personal desire for this feature but can also see how others might find it life changing. Any solution that doesn’t remove the current workflow while still helping those that need the proposed features would seem a win/win.

• As ST said, in most cases I would find this annoying and confusing but I have had some instances where it would definitely have been useful. A global setting with Rig Override would be a good solution but would also add significant complexity.

I don’t have a personal desire for this feature but can also see how others might find it life changing. Any solution that doesn’t remove the current workflow while still helping those that need the proposed features would seem a win/win.

That's the beauty of product design - some features are useful to some and not to others. And I don't see how it would add significant complexity. We have both performance and slot settings menus. Each one could have a toggle button with slot overriding performance. Or there could be another solution, but having it off by default would ensure that no current workflows are broken. I think it's completely doablea and would be welcomed by many.

• Hey Alan.

As ST said, in most cases I would find this annoying and confusing but I have had some instances where it would definitely have been useful. A global setting with Rig Override would be a good solution but would also add significant complexity.

I like your idea of a Rig Override (well a Slot override). That's what you meant, right?

I had thought a Performance level override would be good enough, but if you're going to go down that road, you might just as well be granular. Still - it would be easier for me to remember the behavior at the Performance level. Otherwise, I think a Performance where some Slots did it and others didn't - that might break my head.

• Hey Alan.

I like your idea of a Rig Override (well a Slot override). That's what you meant, right?

I had thought a Performance level override would be good enough, but if you're going to go down that road, you might just as well be granular. Still - it would be easier for me to remember the behavior at the Performance level. Otherwise, I think a Performance where some Slots did it and others didn't - that might break my head.

actually, I think you just hit on a brilliant ideal. We currently have a Rig Menu. All we need is a Performance Menu which is only active in Performance mode. Stuff like this or pedal assignment etc could all be set there.

• actually, I think you just hit on a brilliant ideal. We currently have a Rig Menu. All we need is a Performance Menu which is only active in Performance mode. Stuff like this or pedal assignment etc could all be set there.

There is a performance menu. While in performance mode, there is an "edit" soft button on the top left of the LCD screen.

• Good catch Josh. to be honest I forgot that was even there and never really thought of it as a “Performance Menu” as the functionality is so limited and it doesn’t show up in RM (doesn’t really need to I supposes as the primary function of the edit soft key seems to be to reorder performances or slots within performances which can be handled directly in RM). Once you get to setting things like Stomp status override etc I would envision a n explicit Performance Menu page in RM like current Rig, Input and Output pages.

• +1 for this request.

Oddly the behaviour you are asking for is how it works when you switch rigs in a performance using the left/right buttons on the kemper itself. It remembers which stomps/effects were on before. Confusing.

This behaviour should be an option when using the remote as well.

• A combination with global effect buttons could be interesting. I would like to globally assign effects to a certain button (delay, pitch, phaser, tremolo). If additional fx are in a rig they shall be ignored then. And with a second tag one could decide if the fx remain on globally or just switch effects on a rig level. That could be switched via tuner or looper button.

• A combination with global effect buttons could be interesting. I would like to globally assign effects to a certain button (delay, pitch, phaser, tremolo). If additional fx are in a rig they shall be ignored then. And with a second tag one could decide if the fx remain on globally or just switch effects on a rig level. That could be switched via tuner or looper button.

yep.

I want those 4 buttons on the stage to act like « effects scenes ».

Or at least be able to control the same effect with more than one switch.

And the ability to switch on/off when morphing. The option to have a morphing scene with effects already loaded in the rig.

Really more user friendly.

• Example: I have a clean amp rig in slot 1 with overdrive, gritty delay, and modulated reverb for effect pedals I-III respectively. Slot 2 is my heavy riff rig. The song starts with Slot 1 (clean) with just modulated reverb. As the intro progresses, I step on pedals I and II to add drive and delay . Then switches to slot 2 for the chorus. For the 2nd verse, I need to go back to the same sound I had before the chorus - clean with drive, gritty delay, and reverb. This means I now have to step on Slot 1, Pedal I, and Pedal II as fast as I can since the change in the song is instant. If the state of the pedals would be stored when I switch slots, this wouldn't be a problem.

Adding this feature would also mean I wouldn't have to save separate performances per song, as I do now. I could have a more formulaic approach to my live performance, and probably be able to just use one performance in total.

This one feature would be the difference between me having to program different rigs, which frankly, has me considering other modeler options.

As for a UI solution, you could simply add a toggle to the system settings, something to the effect of "save effect I-IV states" in performance settings. Or it could be slot specific under "slot settings" tab. And even better if we could also save Morph states when switching between slots.

if you connect your laptop with usb and open the rig manager while you are playing, it will solve your problem. i use this workaround for playing live.

• if you connect your laptop with usb and open the rig manager while you are playing, it will solve your problem. i use this workaround for playing live.

Thanks! I don't really consider that a viable option because I need my laptop and usb for other things in a live set. Seems like it would be an easy fix if it already does it as a bug when connected to USB. 🤣

• It's a documented feature.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM