Mono Vs Stereo Output and Output EQ

• Hello,

I would like to know if you find that the master mono output setting sound better for simple direct playing over backing tracks.

I use my studio monitors for that situation and I find the sound to be more natural and more sitted in the mix in mono vs stereo while soloing over backing tracks.

Do you feel the same?

2nd question: Do you use any output section equalisation? I put a low cut around 80hz and Hi cut at 8000Hz it seems to take out some harsh high frequencies and also tighten the bass. Do you have any advice on how to configure those two settings to the best?

Thanks in advance!

Damien

For reference this is my stereo output sound:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I like using stereo into DAW with the DI signal. I can always mute one of the stereo channels (usually the right one) for a mono signal. For recording, l can reamp in true mono or stereo with the DI. This gives me the most options to try and find what fits best. In the beginning I used a global cut but now I set them specifically for each song or profile.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.