Distorted sound/explosion comes through while recording every ~30 seconds

• Here is the sound that is coming through:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

So the above sound is coming through while I'm recording with my Kemper stage, it seems to just happen randomly, but every 20-45 seconds

My setup is the following:

Kemper -> SPDIF out -> into the Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd gen -> Logic Pro on Mac

My settings are 44khz in the Focusrite control, set as internal clock (Logic is also at 44khz) Buffer size is 1024. The Kemper is also set to 44 kHz (I've also tried 48 and 82, keeping both the daw and Kemper at the same clock of course)

My SPDIF cable is a: DRA501 3.3' RCA-RCA S/PDIF / RG-59U 75 ohm Coax, link: https://www.sweetwater.com/sto…A501--hosa-dra501-1-meter

I'm using usb c from the Focusrite to usb c straight into my Mac as well.

When I monitor for clipping in the Focusrite, I'm not getting above the green, just a slight amount of yellow shows up, I don't think I'm playing too loud.

If anyone has any idea why this is happening, please let me know!

• Try setting the Kemper as spdif master?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Are you using two S/PDIF cables (in and out in both directions), or just a single cable? It's my understanding that even if you only need the audio to go in one direction, both cables must be connected for proper clocking. Correct me if I'm wrong here.