Canadian Dollars wrong exchange rate on the Kemper shop website??...

• Maybe there is an explanation but why canadian buyers have to pay more than all others, I mean in canadian dollars? For example we have to pay about $170.00 CAD more for a Kemper Power Kabinet than the exchange rate would suggest which is not the case for the US dollars or Euros etc.. So maybe there are fees that Kemper pays for us that are more expensive than the ones in other country? I don't know it seems to be the only one explanation apart that their exchange rate for CAD is wrong. Of course I sent the question to Kemper but I was wondering if some of you boys and girls are already aware of the answer.

• It seems that this thread didn't generate much reactions... ;) But for canadian buyers it could be interesting to know the answer I got from the Kemper sales department. They said that the prices in CAD are not based on the conversion rate but fixed as they are for no reason. So I assume that we have to pay about 17% more for no reason at all... And, of course, it is impossible to pay in other currencies which would have been a good alternative.

• Really?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Inflation.

The Profiler cost $100 more this year over last year which isn't that bad when you consider almost every $700+ guitar costs $100 more this year. Next year may be worse.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Yes, but here I'm not talking about inflation, it is about 17% more expensive only in canadian dollars for no reason at all. For example If I could buy a Power Kabinet on the Kemper US web shop it would cost me $789 USD (which is about $1009 CAD), and on the Europe Kemper web shop it would cost 689 euros (which would be $998 CAD) same for other curencies. But on the canadian Kemper web shop the Power Kabinet cost $1179 CAD which is a really important difference! About 17% more...

• Check out the other products. The Kab and Power Kab are significantly different from the rest of the line. I won't speculate on the reason, I'm sure you can come to possible reasons.

Yes you're right. All of the Kabinet and Kone line suffer from this 17% jump in price which is not the case if I would buy a Profiler. I really would like to understand why?

• Yes. 17% more than any other customers in the world for no reason at all. I want to buy a Power Kabinet too but the CAD is already very bad and you add this 17% Ouch... I still hope for an answer from support!

• Buy one to a known address in Canada and one in the US. Return the Canadian one but send the US one back. Problem solved :).

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Buy one to a known address in Canada and one in the US. Return the Canadian one but send the US one back. Problem solved :).

Maybe I'm nut but I don't understand your trick at all... :/ Let see: 1) I'm canadian so I can buy one to my address in Canada 2) I'm not an american so I can't buy one in the US webstore because I have no address in the United-States. 3) Even if I could, I would just buy the US one... No? I'm lost! :wacko:

• It was partly a joke yes (and probably not very popular with Kemper). You'd need some way of buying a US version yes. A friend or similar.

• It was partly a joke yes (and probably not very popular with Kemper). You'd need some way of buying a US version yes. A friend or similar.

Of course having a friend in USA who would be willing to do this would be a better deal, even with the shipping and import fees. But why would it be necessary considering that what we ask to Kemper is just to regulate the CAD exchange rate?

• I never got an answer from the Kemper team. I hope they will erase, for the new year, the extra 17% we have to pay in CAD for the Kone and Kabinets products. And BTW Happy New Years to all of you Kemper users !! :)