Which Delays / Reverbs do you use in your DAW

• I like the Delays and Reverbs in the Kemper very much.
    But when recording i use a dry signal and like to add delay / reverb in the DAW.
    I am using cubase and go through the presets right now, but don't find useful ones.
    I always try to use presets as i am not good in dialing in good settings.

Does anyone use the built in delays in cubase and is satisfied?
    Or do you use 3rd party delays?

Reamping would not be an option for me

• I'm sure you can good results out of the built-in ones in Cubase. But you need to tweak and know what you are doing.

Maybe an option for you was the record the wet signal from Kemper on a separate track and then adjust to taste in the mix phase?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• thank you all for your input.

so far i tried:
    - Pulsar Echorec which i liked at once.

- echoes t7e, a cheaper version of it https://www.audiority.com/shop/echoes-t7e/
    that also sounds good, but i think is not o user friendly

- cubase built in Multi Tap Delay which is a mighty tool, but i did not find a nice sound easily

- NastyDLA mkII, a free delay plugin that i found tody. sounds very nice
    i will try this one a bit more

• SoundToys Little Plate is really nice. Right now it's on sale for $39.

Valhalla DSP makes some good plugs that aren't expensive, and they also have a few freebies. Valhalla SuperMassive is one, cool if you need long ambient reverb.

I also have several Eventide plugins - hard to go wrong with them, they're not cheap but Eventide was a pioneer in digital reverb so they definitely know their DSP.

• Cubases delays works just fine. They might not look sexy like 3 part plugins do but they will do the job. Presets are a good starting point but stop being depended on them solely. Sometimes a preset can work on a plugin but most times they don't. Don't be afraid and tweak presets until you are satisfied. It takes time to be better and you will never be good until you start trying. I mean no one will die and you can back and start again if it doesn't work. Experiment. Try it it's also fun.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Ok, i will give another try to the builtin ones.

still hoping Kemper will release theirs as plugin.

Then one could easily drag and drop the settings from rig manager to the vst

• This video helped me to get a smoother sound with the Cubase Multi Tap Delay.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

reducing the sample rate was the trick.

And the Cubase builtin reverb REVelation is also easy to use and sounds nice (always tried Roomworks before).

Again thank you all for the inspiration.

• I love the reverbs and delays within the unit but I also mostly use reverbs and delays in the DAW. Depends really - if you’re using it ‘as an effect’ and wanting to notice it (eg spring reverb / one of the shimmery things etc) then using it up front makes sense, especially as some work really well before the amp block in the Kemper. But for blending reverbs and overall ambience, I tend to prefer to record dry and then you can do what is needed with the guitars within the wider mix. After all, you’re not typically just recording your guitar for a song and you cannot take away ‘too much reverb’ you’ve dialled in when you record. So with this in mind…..

Valhalla reverbs are excellent - the vintage verb is a really good start and plate is lovely too for vocals. Best bang for the buck out there. He does a delay too which I would absolutely have got if I didn’t already have ample delay plug-ins. Nice guy and really fair prices.

Going up the food chain in terms of price, both ‘Pro-R’ from FabFilter and Neoverb from Izotope are really good IMO. You should be able to get demo licences of all of these to see which one suits your mindset best…. They all think a bit differently.

A very popular delay is Soundtoys Echoboy - it’s quite old now but it really is excellent. For tape delays, Softube ‘tape echos’ is awesome - picked it up on sale and like it a lot but it won’t do some of the crazier things that Soundtoys or the Kemper delays will do - as ever, depends what you want. Again, demo licences are available to have a go with.

Finally, Klevgrand- I haven’t tried their delay or reverb but know they do them….. mentioning because I bought their Skaker (shakers and tambourine instrument) which is great. Again they do demos so well worth exploring.

Hope this helps and good luck :)

• I've been using only the Valhalla delay since it came out. Have too many reverb plugins! But I like using Acon Verberate to get a touch of room and maybe some plate from the Waves Abbey Road plates.