Kemper Reacting Slowly

• Total Noob so maybe this is normal. I notice when I add an amp or a stomp via the front of the Kemer there is quite a delay when scrolling through the different amps or stomps. It's very noticeable for instance I will rotate the browse or type nob and nothing happens for as much as 2-3 seconds. My Kemper has the latests updates. Also when I switch between rigs on my Kemper remote there is a very minimal delay.

Is this normal? If not do you have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

Cheers

• My Kemper Power Rack will react slowly sometimes too. I find it's when I have too many profiles (like 500+) loaded. Usually gets better when I clean it up and have less profiles on it.

• When my Kemper had a crash in November, (updating to latest release) support told me to reduce rigs on the profiler simply to what I need, delete all others (after backing up of course) and use Rig Manager as a source of rigs. Obviously, you can also back up your rigs on Rig Manager as a fail safe.

This made a difference and I’ve had no crashes since I reset and restored only what I needed from a back up.
    If you use Performance Mode and Browser Mode, I believe each has their own separate storage quota, but filling both up is probably going to slow things up a bit.
    Merry Christmas!

Pre-Amp

• This makes a lot of sense. I'm actually not using a lot of the rigs that came loaded on my new Kemper. I would like to keep them just in case. How do I go about dumping them from my Kemper but keep them in Rig Manager?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

• I have 870 rigs in my Kemper ( mostly for other guitarists who might visit my studio )

and I never had any crashes or hick ups of any kind for the 3 years I used it .....

Just a MIDI freeze due to starting my Voodoo Lab Pro before starting the Kemper ......

And if you wonder, starting up KPA takes 57 sec :)

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• It was more an response to Pre-Amp´s post (#3) that the amount of rigs may not be a reason for crashes ....

That´s my experience anyway .....

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• I find that scrolling through rigs to be pretty responsive. If there's a lag it's well under a second.

I suggest you contact Kemper Support - may be send them a video.

Kemper Support