Why no White Powered Kempers???

• I would like to add a couple more Kempers and Kabs to the ones I already have. Why are there no white powered Kemper heads or racks? Same with the Kabs? This makes no sense to me.

The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

• In my view answer is very simple: higher costs (more part numbers, material, stock management etc.) and zero additional profit!

In this case what you are saying makes no sense. They already make a white non powered head. They simply need to add a faceplate to a powered head (which they already have) or a power section to a white non powered head (which they already have). The rack scenario could be a little different but again, not much of a difference. Instead of ordering 10K green faceplates order 7K green and 3K white. The same could be said for tolex. If there is a volume cost difference I am sure that can be sorted out and not much of a cost difference.

The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

• I bet you could get one of those graphic skins made for ya. And the kabs could be wrapped in white tolex for sure.

The skins have that yard sale look to them IMO. Not my thing. I would prefer to simply have the white factory faceplate. ;)

• In this case what you are saying makes no sense. They already make a white non powered head. They simply need to add a faceplate to a powered head (which they already have) or a power section to a white non powered head (which they already have). The rack scenario could be a little different but again, not much of a difference. Instead of ordering 10K green faceplates order 7K green and 3K white. The same could be said for tolex. If there is a volume cost difference I am sure that can be sorted out and not much of a cost difference.

Let's put it very simple: more part numbers = more costs and no additional profit!

• Let's put it very simple: more part numbers = more costs and no additional profit!

The parts already exist on the head. ;)

The profit issue is moot at this point.

• While not a big deal, a white powered version would require a model-specific backplate. They'd never slap on a white front with a black back. So, new part number.

Adding another SKU involves more than just parts. Inventory maintenance, distribution and most of all - people wanting them. That last one is why I think white has only ever appeared on the Toaster. White was the original color available. That I know of, it has never been available for the Rack, either. I'd be surprised if the ratio of black to white sold was less than 10 to 1. I'd guess the sale of unpowered to powered is similar.

So - a color bought in comparatively low numbers added to a unit also sold in lower numbers. Makes sense to me why they don't offer it. It's pretty much the definition of niche.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• While not a big deal, a white powered version would require a model-specific backplate. They'd never slap on a white front with a black back. So, new part number.

Adding another SKU involves more than just parts. Inventory maintenance, distribution and most of all - people wanting them. That last one is why I think white has only ever appeared on the Toaster. White was the original color available. That I know of, it has never been available for the Rack, either. I'd be surprised if the ratio of black to white sold was less than 10 to 1. I'd guess the sale of unpowered to powered is similar.

So - a color bought in comparatively low numbers added to a unit also sold in lower numbers. Makes sense to me why they don't offer it. It's pretty much the definition of niche.

Exactly! Thanks!

• I want black because black is badass, and it matches everything else I have.

I would be in on that as well.

• You guys crack me up. It is not rocket science to add a power section into an existing product and give the customer(s) another option that is in some ways already an offered product. I could see if I wanted a purple powered head with a flamed maple shell and a cream colored leather strap and a silver sparkle backplate. That is a custom order and another type of business. Aside from Tone Junkie nobody has a white rack unit...BUT, they should. :)

From my perspective, they should make all the products in white if they are offering anything in white. If they aren't going to do that, get rid of the white altogether.

• Not quite. Introducing a new range of SKUs to a global distribution network isn't anything like free. It is actually about profit and keeping the cost down for all of us. ?

My point in saying profit is moot is because there is no product and no price on the non existing product...lol. Make the product and charge more for it. Friedman does this stuff all the time at no charge or minimal charge. Anyway, my thought is to offer the full product color options or stay at one product color offering.

• You guys crack me up. It is not rocket science to add a power section into an existing product and give the customer(s) another option that is in some ways already an offered product. I could see if I wanted a purple powered head with a flamed maple shell and a cream colored leather strap and a silver sparkle backplate. That is a custom order and another type of business. Aside from Tone Junkie nobody has a white rack unit...BUT, they should. :)

From my perspective, they should make all the products in white if they are offering anything in white. If they aren't going to do that, get rid of the white altogether.

it’s not rocket science - but it is an expense. A seemingly unnecessary one.

It’s not an exaggeration to say that you appear to be the only person who cares about a white, powered Toaster.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• it’s not rocket science - but it is an expense. A seemingly unnecessary one.

It’s not an exaggeration to say that you appear to be the only person who cares about a white, powered Toaster.

You should get one, it might cheer you up.

• I kind of think of it the other way around since they’ve re-defined their look with all of the newer models, I’m a little surprised that it is still possible to buy a white toaster.

My thought is if they offer it they should offer it across the board with all options. If not, do away with it.