Update 1.1.0

• I would like to know if anyone experienced something unusual on the latest firmware update 1.1.0.7459.
    Maybe it's just me, but apparently my Kemper lost a little bit of its output capacity - not talking about master volume and etc. Before I update my Kemper I needed very low input from my preamp, now I need a little bit more to get the same signal input.

Have anyone here experienced that?

Cheers from down the hemisphere.

• Have you checked your output volume levels? Maybe they were somehow reset. You can get to them by pressing the "Master" soft button on the upper right.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Actually, I'm getting the opposite.

My Kemper now seems to have more output, easily pushing the master light into the red.

I ran the 1.1 Beta version for a while, but when I upgraded to the 1.1 release version a few days ago, I got more output it seems.

• Have you checked your output volume levels? Maybe they were somehow reset. You can get to them by pressing the "Master" soft button on the upper right.

Well, i didn't touch it - shouldn't have changed. I don't remember what was the value before, now it says -6,3dB, and i don't know if that's the default. Any thoughts on that?

• I have a problem with my Input now, th input LED flashes orange when i am playing with the same settings.

How about a Limiter for the input, like your have it in a DAW where you can choose if set it up on 0,0 db or -0,3-1,5dB this would be a great feature :D . You have a lot of different guitars worth lot of different output out there

• I have a problem with my Input now, th input LED flashes orange when i am playing with the same settings.

That's why you have an Input menu with Clean sense and Distortion sense, you need to adjust them to the output of your guitar..

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I tried the Cleans Sense and distortions sense. but it Clips no matter what i do. And i did so in the past and it worked but now it let my signal clip.

• Hi F Minuzzi,

I am by far no expert on this unit, but I too had this problem and after:

1) installing the latest system update firmware,
    2) flashing/formatting the flash memory,
    3) initialising the flash memory,
    4) restoring factory rigs

(all as guided by in the wikidocument here on the forums) I had an awesome sounding Kemper and no orange peak light. :thumbup:

**Please remember to back up any rigs/settings on to a separate USB stick as you will lose your profiles.**

Hope this is of use to you and the thanks go to CK for making a great product and to Viabcroce for a great wikidocument not to me.

Chris

Guitar + Kemper = Heaven

• I strongly recomment not to recomment this painfull procedure for the simplest problems.
    By doing that, you might have only set the clean sense parameter to the default level.

• I had this low output level problem and posted some threads about it. Did the system reset/flash format, levels are correct again. CK, I tried literally everything to fix my output levels and the only thing that fixed it in the end was the flash format. In this thread another person said the same thing. Maybe there is actually an issue.

I run and operate a computer business and while I do not understand the low level workings of the Kemper, I DID try every last thing including screwing around with my DAW setup to fix the problem. I really believe there is a memory corruption problem that manifests itself in a variety of ways including volume problems and tinny/odd sounding high end on profiles. For me it took me nearly a month of messing around with different stuff and NOT being able to play my Kemper, out of desperation I did the flash format. If it had not worked I would have had to get an RMA.

• It appears that after an update or change of firmware the levels get higher or lower than what number specifies is so you can never turn it low enough as reported by other users here on the forums. I think this needs a fix or mentioning as a sticky?

Numbers 1 and 2 were in the correct order

This is what worked for me as I mentioned this is all copied from the brilliant wikidocument as made by viabcroce. Numbers 1 and 2 were in the correct order.

"INSTALL OR REINSTALL THE FIRMWARE

switch the main knob off;

download the latest KPA firmware;
    get an empty fat32 formatted USB stick;
    copy the unzipped firmware file 'kaos.bin' to the root folder of the USB stick;
    plug the USB stick into the KPA;
    press and hold both '<' and '>' keys;
    switch KPA to tuner while still holding both keys;
    something like 'booting and installing' will be displayed;
    wait until the firmware is reinstalled;
    erase the internal flash memory. Note: all the rigs will be erased during this procedure!
    switch the main knob to off;
    hold the left/top soft-key above the LCD;
    switch KPA to tuner while still holding this key;
    Maintenance Module will be started;
    in the 'Maintenance' menu go to 'Memory';
    use Memory FormatFlash and InitFlash;
    check if the KPA works (booting, tuner);
    reinstall your rigs. I recommend to just install the stock rigs (in case you have corrupted rigs on your
    USB stick);
     load additional rigs;
     check if all rigs work.

CHECK THE KPA HARDWARE

in the 'Maintenance' menu go to 'Test';
    a lot can be tested (buttons, knobs, led, memory…).

WILL I LOSE MY DATA ?
    A system boot will not affect the profiles (but will cancel user settings). Formatting the flash will cancel
    everything.

RESETTING KPA TO FACTORY DEFAULTS
    After doing a bit of research this is the procedure that seems to work to cure all aliasing, output, gain,
    noise, pop, clicks and other misc odd things. I believe the reason for this is extremely: corrupted system
    settings. It seems to occur out of the box. Simply upgrading firmware does not fix the corruption nor does
    deleting rigs.

The symptoms my KPA was exhibiting were:

1. Out of the box, first thing I noticed was popping/clicking every so often, I was using XLRs at the time (I
    believe this indicates you have corruption).
    2. SPDIF levels extremely loud, clipping on every preset into my audio interface, my SPDIF was set to slave
    to the KPA and 44.1 kHz.
    3. Sound was slightly odd sounding, never could put my finger on why
    4. XLR outputs outputted a very gainy signal which was NOT clipping my interface, again, subtle but odd
    and hard to deal with in terms of gain levels on my interface, seemed I could never set the KPA's volume
    levels correctly for certain profiles
    5. Noise levels got extremely high and I thought my guitar was broken. Eventually I realized I could literally
    tap the tip of my guitar cable on a table and hear it easily through my speakers.
    6. odd high note aliasing tones which people are posting about.

A system and a MIDI reset didn’t help. Then I performed the Flash Memory wipe as such:

Downgrade firmware to 1.04, I believe latest 1.08 does not allow getting into the system
    maintenance menu;
    2. erase the internal flash memory.

Note: ALL the rigs will be erased during this procedure!!

in the 'Maintenance' menu go to 'Memory';
    use Memory FormatFlash and InitFlash;
    check if the KPA works (booting, tuner);
    check all the KPA settings;
    go into the SYSTEM block and hit Factory Rigs right most soft button. This restores all factory defaults.

After this your KPA will be fresh, like new, and more importantly have cleaned out FLASH memory and
    should work flawlessly!
    All my problems have been solved meaning no noise, no popping, gain controls are perfect, output levels
    are perfect, high note aliasing noise gone."

It seemed to help me even

Guitar + Kemper = Heaven

• Were these problems on all profiles or rigs?
    I cannot imagine that the noise and clipping problems were independent from your gain and volume settings. Have you analyzed this before?
    A simple system initialization might have done it too.

If volumes would really differ between firmwares, then dozends of users would notice it. There would be a huge forum thread.

• For what I see all the users noticing it have brand new units and are making the first FW upgrade. Is it possible that some of the units are shipped with some sort of data corruption on the flash memory that get enhanced/activated by the upgrade to 1.1.0? With previous FW was not happening.... Just thinking out loud....

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• For what I see all the users noticing it have brand new units and are making the first FW upgrade. Is it possible that some of the units are shipped with some sort of data corruption on the flash memory that get enhanced/activated by the upgrade to 1.1.0? With previous FW was not happening.... Just thinking out loud....

Not really likely.
    There is actually no volume control that is out of the control of the user.
    The only volumes that can make the output LED clip while the input LED is green: the rig volume down right and the cabinet volume. Both should be set to the middle position.

The flash memory has no influence whatsoever on volumes, noise, aliasing or spdif.

The system reset sets all global values to its init state. A flash init simply erases all rigs and cleans the file system.

Is anybody here who had a sound problem that could not be cured by a system reset, but finally succeeded with a flash initialisation?

See, Davide?
    It's been a couple of days now and no answer to my questions.
    I must assume there is no volume problem at all.
    And we discuss curing this by a full format of the Profiler.
    This is crazy.

I have to fight against this urban myth that users are about to develop. If I don't do that it will soon be common sense that you have to format the device to sound right.
    As you can see we are close already.

• You're probably right Christoph (or is everybody in holiday). I personally never had any issue of this kind, out of making a system cache reset at the very beginning to get the monitor out to work (with the very old FW). I also had corrupted rigs and I just deleted them, but my Kemper keep sounding as good as day 1 (actually better with all the upgrades). Some user have managed in the past to borck their units and re-installing the FW resolved the issue but that's all...