I have a normal Kemper toaster - what speaker should I look at?

• I currently play it through my audio interface/studio monitors, but I would like a speaker to use for live stuff.

It's a 'normal', unpowered Kemper toaster. What do I look for when it comes to speakers, passive or active?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• I play similar genres and I've gone down 2 separate paths.

First I got a pair of EV powered 15" PA speakers, because I also wanted a PA that could do a small/medium sized venue. I run the Kemper into the mixer straight from the Main Out. That's my main live rig.

If I'm going to play at a jam or party I use the Kemper Kab so I'm self-contained and don't have to rely on whatever is there.

• A Kemper Powered Kabinet sounds really good and can sound like a guitar cab as well.

With the imprint technology it can even sound like several different speakers.

But if you play life more often in venues that already have some cabs as backline, I would go for a poweramp like the Ritter Camplifier SHP and the unpowered Kabinet.

This way you can use the Kabinet with the imprints at home or at gigs where there is no backline and use your Kemper with normal guitar cabs as well in case a venue has some.

• If you want to use a regular passive guitar cab then you will need an SS amp to power it, like a SD Powerstage or similar. The powered Kabinet is pretty much a no-brainer since you can use the kemper speaker imprints on it.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.