First Profiles - Peavey 5150 - Feedback welcomed!

• Hey guys, just did my first profiles of my 5150 Signature model and uploaded them to the Rig Exchange. I took 4 profiles with the following configurations:

Green Channel with an SM7b -> Great River preamp
    Green Channel with a Cascade Fathead -> Great River preamp

Red Channel with an SM7b -> Great River preamp
    Red Channel with a Cascade Fathead ribbon mic -> Great River preamp

I've only had the KPA for a little over a month so I'm still learning my way around. Any feedback/constructive criticism would be appreciated!

Thanks!

• Hey bro - don't take this the wrong way, but I think you need to profile everything again. At least to my ears, the profiles seem very cloudy/muffled. Wish some eq tweaking I could get a great sound, but I think the source profile could use some cleaning up.

I'm not sure what others will say, but out of the box - I think your profiles are a bit muddy compared to others.

I haven't profiled anything, so I'm not the best to give you advice on how to do it. I'm just a dumb guitarist who plays other peoples profiles :D

• Hey bro - don't take this the wrong way, but I think you need to profile everything again. At least to my ears, the profiles seem very cloudy/muffled. Wish some eq tweaking I could get a great sound, but I think the source profile could use some cleaning up.

I'm not sure what others will say, but out of the box - I think your profiles are a bit muddy compared to others.

I haven't profiled anything, so I'm not the best to give you advice on how to do it. I'm just a dumb guitarist who plays other peoples profiles :D

Thanks for the honest assessment. I'll take a listen with fresh ears tomorrow and hopefully I can improve upon these. I went through mutiple mic positions and these were the ones I thought sounded the best. I actually did find I needed to tweak the eq to bump the treble up a bit on the SM7 versions, but wanted to post the raw, unedited amp profile as it came out.

I have some decent equipment but lack a little experience when it comes to micing an amp. Just hoping to learn a little bit from the masters here. Back to the drawing board I go...

• So I took another stab at profiling my 5150 right before I sold it. Pretty happy with this one. Please let me know what you think.

It's on the rig exchange as: 5150 RED (SM57-GR) v

Awesome profile!