Kemper Profiling Amp Successor

• I'd like to see making a direct profile of an amp and a studio profile and a merged profile all at once.

DI box in between the amp and cab. Tap that signal for the DI. Thru to the cab for the load. Mic on the cab. Then do the merge work automatically, and *THEN* within the same profile you could select between the three types for each output separately; instead of having a global disable cab on the monitor output preference.

Ultimately, I think the Kemper feels like a 12 year old device at this point. It really isn't beyond the pale to expect a new unit after 12 years.

• I am not against KPA2, I think current hardware is fine. I am not kidding myself, I don't think KPA needs hardware and UI updates. Maybe they also don't need to stay competitive in the market by releasing new ULTRA FINAL MK2 version of their gear. Kemper is good as it is from day 1 with software update through the years. I remember AXE FX 2 and their Quantum (or similar) firmware which supposed to be groundbreaking. But it became legacy and meh just after the release of next firmware and later next hardware. And this will be the same when AXE4 comes out. All the boys playing powerchords will have to get AXE4, because it will make them play better and this will be the best gear in the world (until AXE5).

This chase never ends.

If Kemper only made products based on your opinion, then they'd have gone out of business already because they'd have sold exactly one unit. But I play power chords so what do I know?

• If Kemper only made products based on your opinion, then they'd have gone out of business already because they'd have sold exactly one unit. But I play power chords so what do I know?

Kemper brought to the market innovative product that lasts. If anybody wants the new shiny stuff, there is always ver. 3 of main competitor, which is the best of the best. Just look all these reviews on YouTube, these guys telling that it is so mych better than ver. 2 XL MKII (which was best of the best back then). It has big screen LCD screen and powerful processors. It is shiny, colorful and people want it. Until version 4. Then they will find ver. 3 legacy and will be selling it to get ver. 4 - I always wondered if not better to wait for ver. 5 though.

• Ultimately, I think the Kemper feels like a 12 year old device at this point. It really isn't beyond the pale to expect a new unit after 12 years.

Marshall Plexi is like 60 years old now. I haven't heard anybody asking for Plexi 2 - even if, I'm pretty convinced Marshall wouldn't even move their finger to mess with that.

• Kemper brought to the market innovative product that lasts. If anybody wants the new shiny stuff, there is always ver. 3 of main competitor, which is the best of the best. Just look all these reviews on YouTube, these guys telling that it is so mych better than ver. 2 XL MKII (which was best of the best back then). It has big screen LCD screen and powerful processors. It is shiny, colorful and people want it. Until version 4. Then they will find ver. 3 legacy and will be selling it to get ver. 4 - I always wondered if not better to wait for ver. 5 though.

I think, Skoczy, you're still missing the point of the discussion. We don't want KPA2 because we are bored with KPA1, or because we don't like the tone, but many of us would welcome some improvements because they would improve our workflow. I assure you that I'm using KPA in 100% different way than you (and you're not even using it anymore - you admit it quite often). If KPA2 had features requested in this thread many of us could either get rid of some additional equipment or could achieve things which aren't possible with current hardware because of DSP/CPU/memory constraints. Whether you use any of advanced features or not - the fact is many features present in competition's products are darn useful, maybe not for you - and you don't have to use them. This doesn't immediately mean that everyone who would like to have them in KPA2 has uncontrolled GAS or should switch to different product. I explained it a few posts earlier - what we are doing here is we are participating in product evolution process and even Kemper as a company still wants to improve this product - that's why this section of forum exists in the first place. I suggest we stay on topic and refrain from judging one another how we should use KPA or any other gear.

• I would be quite interested in something comparable in size to an HX Stomp or Stomp XL.

Similar to those units when compared to the Helix (which is 7 years old, BTW), it would have a limited feature set compared to the Stage/Head/Rack…but small enough to toss in a gig bag.

I’m considering an HX Stomp or similar for those times I don’t want (or need) the big guns.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I would be quite interested in something comparable in size to an HX Stomp or Stomp XL.

Similar to those units when compared to the Helix (which is 7 years old, BTW), it would have a limited feature set compared to the Stage/Head/Rack…but small enough to toss in a gig bag.

I’m considering an HX Stomp or similar for those times I don’t want (or need) the big guns.

Wow, for me, this is totally the most appealing direction they can go.

I would be thrilled with them even taking it one step further: I own the Korg Pandora multi effect processor. I'm using it to this day only because it's about the size of a phone, and it's even battery powered. You can carry it in your pocket,hook up to a any PA without any extra outlet, and play.

Who's not going to buy a battery powered kemper unit at that form factor ? It doesn't even have to be cheap. I'd pay top dollar for that! :)

• I think, Skoczy, you're still missing the point of the discussion. We don't want KPA2 because we are bored with KPA1, or because we don't like the tone, but many of us would welcome some improvements because they would improve our workflow. I assure you that I'm using KPA in 100% different way than you (and you're not even using it anymore - you admit it quite often). If KPA2 had features requested in this thread many of us could either get rid of some additional equipment or could achieve things which aren't possible with current hardware because of DSP/CPU/memory constraints. Whether you use any of advanced features or not - the fact is many features present in competition's products are darn useful, maybe not for you - and you don't have to use them. This doesn't immediately mean that everyone who would like to have them in KPA2 has uncontrolled GAS or should switch to different product. I explained it a few posts earlier - what we are doing here is we are participating in product evolution process and even Kemper as a company still wants to improve this product - that's why this section of forum exists in the first place. I suggest we stay on topic and refrain from judging one another how we should use KPA or any other gear.

Hi Piotr, I am not missing anything here. I have my own opinion and I'm keen to share it. I'm pretty sure there are some people that utilize KPA to its full potential, but would like to squeeze 110% out of it, by having features that don't exist in current incarnation. But I'm also sure that there are many requests just to have it all in one box, "because". Believe me, I've been there, wanted it all, guitars, gear, VSTs and what not. And when I got it, nothing has changed. We will see KPA2 with audio interface, 2 profiles at once, fancy editor, big colorful screen, if company decides to do so. And none of us knows what's gonna happen. My internal voice tells me, that they are not so focused on new gear, rather than polishing what they have. In my opinion this company is not Line6 or Fractal. They created Virus2 synth 24 years ago and it still is awesome (although some people moan due to lack of updates).

As far as I remember, you mentioned once, that during the live show, all devices on your band were reset due to lack of current. All other gear than Kemper booted in 10 seconds and it took about 1 minute for Kemper to boot. Is it that big flaw? In my case I would entertain the audience, when Kemper was booting :)

As for playing powerchords on best gear, it was also about me. So don't take it personally. I just came to the point, when I decided that what I have and what I am is enough - believe me this makes huge change how you live.

So your requests are still valid, but in my opinion there will not be KPA2 :)

Cheers! :)

• Kemper brought to the market innovative product that lasts. If anybody wants the new shiny stuff, there is always ver. 3 of main competitor, which is the best of the best. Just look all these reviews on YouTube, these guys telling that it is so mych better than ver. 2 XL MKII (which was best of the best back then). It has big screen LCD screen and powerful processors. It is shiny, colorful and people want it. Until version 4. Then they will find ver. 3 legacy and will be selling it to get ver. 4 - I always wondered if not better to wait for ver. 5 though.

that’s’ not a comment but fanboy service…

Before buying a kemper stage, I heard a lot about how the kemper community was different bla-bla-bla.

Finally it’s not.

I don’t understand that. I mean really.

Fractal or kemper are just TOOLS! Not amps or guitars or whatever.

Why do you Have to turn it into a cult?

I’m a pro player, been touring for 25 years 60-100 gigs a year, always used tube amps.

Professionally speaking there’s a lot more pressure by having a silent stage and everything going foh if you want to gig and make a living.

I don’t know one guitarist that would not prefer to bring and cranck his amp on stage…

But it’s impossible now, so people like me buy « tools » and have to make compromises with those new digital toys.
    Profiling or modeling or whatever, I just don’t care, it just have to do his job and for live use if you don’t profile your amps kemper has a lot of room to be better!

Why do you have to hate others company???

Why do some people bash others because « nO KeMPer Is So GREaT blabla »

if it’s great for you, that’s cool, really!

But others may think different for their own use and ask for upgrades.

We’re talking about a product that start at 1500€ And pretend to be top of the game not a f*** 199€ AliExpress toy

for the price we can have expectations

• This is not fanboy thing sir, I am not playing Kemper for few months already, so no fanboy by any means. You still can ask for hardware upgrade, but in my opinion you can't have expectations after you bought Kemper. Why not reading the spec sheet, when spending 1500E? It's similar to involve in a relationship with a woman and expecting her to change / get better.

I don't know if there will be KPA2, I think there won't be. But I'm not against anyone, my opinions (as others) DO NOT MATTER.

• To a degree I believe you’re seeing what you want or expect to see here.

Why do some people bash others? Really?

I’ve been on here since late 2018.

We’ve got bedroom players, brand-new players, pros, studio musicians and at least one Grammy winner floating around here.

Out of all those types - you’re the only one I can recall calling another member a fanboy as if it were a crime.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Virus2 synth 24 years ago and it still is awesome (although some people moan due to lack of updates)

People are moaning not because there are no updates but because they lost advertised functionality on macOS. It used to be possible to use Virus like VST in your DAW (I think it is called total integration) - this is no longer the case since 2 years (we're left with... non-total integration). You have to route audio via audio interfaces instead of just USB. Virus' UI is non-resizable and is absolutely unusable on modern, high resolution displays (fonts are just too small). Probably very few people are buying new Viruses anymore, despite it being a great synth (I have one and it is really a beast)... There are other companies which make modern versions of virtual analog synths, like Modal Electronics, with way better computer integration and features. This is for me an example that if a product is not evolving it becomes obsolete - yes, you'll still find it in studios for many years to come but the user base will not grow because competition offers much better solutions, more aligned with modern times.

But this is different story, for another forum... :)

• This is for me an example that if a product is not evolving it becomes obsolete - yes, you'll still find it in studios for many years to come but the user base will not grow because competition offers much better solutions, more aligned with modern times.

But this is different story, for another forum... :)

Yes, Virus2 may have become obsolete, because of lack of some MAC support, but I think Depeche Mode or Nine Inch Nails don't care :) It's the big fish, that has more voice, than users crying on the forums. Maybe Kemper doesn't expect the user base to grow. Maybe not all companies are business sharks, living up to every dollar. This is my main point. I think Kemper is one of the last of companies, that believe in their product since day one. Not watching around the chase of newer hardware and software every year - think Fractal, Line6, Apple or all smatphone manufacturers.

By the way, what is the other forum URL? ;)

• What about great sound,ease of use,reliability,availability,huge user community,superb service and all that stuff;

Most working musicians I know want all these things first and are veeeery bad beta testers if they don't get paid for it..

The kpa2 will come and it will be great.Patience.

• Marshall Plexi is like 60 years old now. I haven't heard anybody asking for Plexi 2 - even if, I'm pretty convinced Marshall wouldn't even move their finger to mess with that.

Erm.... Friedman? Splawn? A million other Plexi clones that have added features and improved the circuit.....