Kemper Profiling Amp Successor

• Erm.... Friedman? Splawn? A million other Plexi clones that have added features and improved the circuit.....

Improved is entirely subjective. Besides - I took the comment to mean *Marshall* hasn't tried to mess with it's Plexi.

Everything else - good or bad - is a derivative of Marshall's venerable circuit.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Improved is entirely subjective. Besides - I took the comment to mean *Marshall* hasn't tried to mess with it's Plexi.

Everything else - good or bad - is a derivative of Marshall's venerable circuit.

You say venerable... I say poor. Marshall didn't sound good until they made the JCM800 and then people started hot-rodding them.

Heh. Opinions huh?

• You say venerable... I say poor. Marshall didn't sound good until they made the JCM800 and then people started hot-rodding them.

Heh. Opinions huh?

Hendrix, EVH, Townshend, Clapton (Cream), Duane Allman, Yngwie, Angus.........All used Plexis to create some of the most memorable tones in Rock history.

So...yeah. Venerable.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• these guys telling that it is so mych better than ver. 2 XL MKII

Ever notice people like to boast that their (whatever it is that the average person can't get) is the "best thing ever". Their "custom" this and that. You never hear people say that about "commoner" gear. You never hear anybody ranting about their Fender hot rod deluxe and how it is the best thing ever because nearly anyone can try one or buy one. Some like to be first first first and have a version II MK 4 before you so they can tell you how it is the best thing ever. Not much unlike the people that have to be the first to see a new movie in the cinema so they can say "yeah I saw it".

I've realized that there is a limit to how good a amp can be and that your ability is a MUCH bigger factor than gear now. A Kemper will match or better anything made since electric guitar amps were invented. Make music with it, there isn't much it can't do. Your talent will hold you back MUCH more than the KPA will.

• Marshall Plexi is like 60 years old now. I haven't heard anybody asking for Plexi 2 - even if, I'm pretty convinced Marshall wouldn't even move their finger to mess with that.

Whatchu talking about? There's been like 800 (not literally) iterations since the Plexi, just from Marshall alone. A literal million if you count all the other modded Marshall style boutique amps, and amps with plexi DNA. People wanted more gain, reverb, 2 channels, 3 channels, less power, more power, etc.

• Honestly I'm fine with more effects and a built in stereo power Amp in a floor size unit.

But I don't think it's entirely unreasonable to see multiple profiles running at the same time either.

Myself and a few others love exploring 2 amp sounds with multiple dirt and fuzzes running in front of the Amp(s). This essentially would require 6 profiles at once. I say 6 because because it would be great to be able to profile that many individually and modify or switch them in and out afterwards.

They say profiling pedals by themselves is not really worth it because they can be easily modeled but we're still seeing many prefer some kind of analog dirt booster/ pre shaper on many people's boards. I actively try to avoid it and usually do.

• Another improvement would be to be able to combine many different gain stages of the same amp into one single profile and to be able to simply "morph" one after another while turning the gain knob. Why? Decreasing the gain of a higher gain profile is fine but not the same as if you take a dedicated profiled amp state with lesser gain. Another advantage of this would be clarity: one profile for one profiled amp and not 10-20, as is is now.

To the "no" fraction: Is this a huge improvement? Yes, for me it is.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• Another improvement would be to be able to combine many different gain stages of the same amp into one single profile and to be able to simply "morph" one after another while turning the gain knob. Why? Decreasing the gain of a higher gain profile is fine but not the same as if you take a dedicated profiled amp state with lesser gain. Another advantage of this would be clarity: one profile for one profiled amp and not 10-20, as is is now.

100% this !!

This would be a bit of a gamechanger quite honestly. And I bloody hate that word!

• Whatchu talking about? There's been like 800 (not literally) iterations since the Plexi, just from Marshall alone. A literal million if you count all the other modded Marshall style boutique amps, and amps with plexi DNA. People wanted more gain, reverb, 2 channels, 3 channels, less power, more power, etc.

Yeah... but...

iTs NoT A rEAl MaRsHalL !!!

;)

This one actually makes sense. I am sure the current profiling process is doing this at some level but taking multiple profiles of the same amp at different gain stages could help refine that process so it knows exactly what to do as you reduce gain or volume.

• I'd take a 900 over a plexi any day.

So would I because it suits the music I play more. My point was more that the ability to make guitar amps sound better is finite. I feel like a Kemper is so good at getting any sound I want that the weakest link in the chain is not the ability of the amp, but my ability. I don't feel like "If the KPA did this better it would help me sound good". I'd bet I could bring ANY big name shredder in my studio and plug in not knowing what they were plugged into (or tell them they were playing some space age super tube amp) and give them anything they wanted. For sure that's good enough for me.