Kemper Profiling Amp Successor

• Guitarists already have a wide variety of "sounds" (instrument variations) to choose from while a clarinet is a clarinet that's a clarinet.

Admitted, this is often the case, but the last clarinetist I saw live played Balkan music with everything I know of in terms of effects, including delays, making polyrhythms out of the already complicated rhythms...

• Honestly, I hear this a lot all the time, very specifically from guitar players themselves. No idea why that is, be happy and enjoy being a guitar player.

You missed my point and in so doing, proved it at the same time.

That’s not meant as criticism of you. Please don’t hear that.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• it is not about "playing another instrument ".

It never was.

It is about creating new sounds. You can mix several instruments where "on top" still your usual lead sound is clearly the main sound but "with another vibe".

If I want to play clarinet I ask a clarinet player who does that all his life.

• You missed my point and in so doing, proved it at the same time.

Fun fact: I totally got your point and I just added to it. :)

somehow I can’t see hiring a Clarinet player, to play 1 song , in a cover band LOL

Somehow I have to agree with you ... but still a (skilled) clarinet player for this one song would likely result in a more interesting musical performance than someone trying his best to mimic playing clarinet on a guitar through a synth trying to mimic a clarinet sound. :) Just my 2 cents of course.

• Been in a Jazz Quintett and the Saxophone Player did clarinett as well. He was a great musician

Same fingerings for both instruments.

As for horn players, they are limited due to the ‘one’ sound they make. Especially if they play in an orchestra where other instruments provide other tones/timbres and colors.

Does anyone honestly believe that if Miles Davis survived, he wouldn’t experiment by putting his horn through the noisemakers we have now? That he would be a ‘purist’ in that regard?

It’s a known fact Jimi and Miles were planning to record together. We can only wonder what that would have created.

• Hey, now….

Benny Goodman played clarinet. In 1938 he and his orchestra recorded a song virtually any of us would recognize in the first couple bars.

Sing, Sing, Sing is legendary.

:P:D

Edited once, last by Ruefus ().

• Dont get too comfortable, Allison Russell is getting more popular by the day...was just on the Late Show with Stephen Colbert :D

She is beautiful..and a really great musician.

And since I already reached my limit today of immature and childish comments about this really nice instrument and the clarinet in my country is also the synonym for even more immature and childish jokes ..I will just leave it there..peace..:)

• Well after so many requests for it ,at the very least we'll probably get more effects slots I think.

Maybe they're not interested in dual amps and or cabs( maybe they should be), and maybe they won't do any cool synth stuff( which would be a damn shame :,(

But they have to do something if they're gonna put out an updated version. Otherwise it's just gonna be the same thing and that's not very lit famfam.

• I think anyone at Kemper stopped reading this at page 5 :P

Well….the OP did specifically ask for a sh!tstorm.

Were I Kemper I’d be like “yeah…..no…I’m not wading through that unless someone complains……loudly….”