extent of control of profile variables

• Hi All, Happy new 2022.

Can anyone tell me if the parameter variables in the 'amplifier' section (definition / power sagging / pick / compressor / clarity / tube shape / tube bias / direct mix) offer complete, in-depth control of ALL aspects of a profile, such that you could - for example - alter an AC30 profile into a JCM800 or Fender Deluxe reverb?

To put the question another way - does a profile contain fundamental information about the amp that cannot be accessed or altered through the 'amplifier' parameters?

I ask because I am trying to find a way to blend elements from various profiles - and the control offered by the 'amplifier' parameters don't seem quite 'deep' enough.

Thanks in anticipation,

Best regards,

Poit

• Short answer: No.

The parameters modify what’s there. They do not fundamentally alter the personality of a given amp.

What your describing may be possible within an AxeFX environment. As I understand it, that technology models each amp component in software. It ‘builds’ and amp from those pieces.

Profiling is an entirely different approach.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Thanks Ruefus,

I've spent many hours building amps from the ground up with the Axe Fx (I'm an ex amp designer) - and while in the end I've preferred the sound that comes out of the Kemper - I'd still hoped there was some way to get deeper access to the profiles.

Oh well - thanks for saving me a few of my remaining brain cells.

Poit

• I've often thought it would be nice to introduce some extra parameters into the Amp section. I mean really, we're guitar players, give us an extra knob that does anything we didn't have before that does something ranging from subtle to extreme and we'll make use of it and then swear by it after we implement it in any fashion. They can keep the current profile algorithm environment or whatever they call it and just add something that adds extra control to changes in the sound in a unique or interesting way and see us go crazy with it.