Problem with midi out...numpty bell ringing

• Dear Forum Men,
    I'm stumbled upon a problem today with my Kemper's midi out when I tried to externally sync the tempo of my Boss Slicer SL-20 pedal. (Can't be set digitally which is why I link it up to an external source)
    Things I've checked:
    - Cable (Partially ruling out being a total numpty...perhaps )
    - Synced slicer successfully to boss looper (Ruling out defective midi in port on slicer)
    - Tempo enabled on Kemper
    - Checked each midi channel on Kemper ranging from Omni to 14 - no message received on slicer.
    - The Kemper midi in works - I have a HD500 setup to control volume and switch on/off stomps. Tried this connected/disconnected to check for interference.

Also...the slicer doesn't allow you to adjust the tempo once it's receiving midi messages from another source - the fact that I can adjust it shows it's not receiving anything (?) I'm stuck for an answer ?( so I'd thought I'd ring the 'numpty bell' and hope someone can help.

UPDATE: Ah... it appears I can't send any messages at all from the KPA midi out - just tested it in Ableton and it doesn't pick up anything... Is the Kemper not able to send midi messages out at this point?

Any assistance would be gratefully received - I've bound to have overlooked something rudimentary that will no doubt end in me going outside, falling to my knees, stretching my hands to the heavens and loudly proclaiming, " I've been a fool " :wacko:

Cheers,
    Brett of Numptyville 8o

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• Kemper is sending no midi messages (edit: yet). If you use the midi thru it should pick the signal from the HD 500 (that can be sync'd with KPA using the Tap Tempo)

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Since the KPA sends no MIDI and does not sync on incoming MIDI, you can't really sync it to anything without tapping the KPA separately. I hope this is fixed soon.

• Thanks guys - it's not picking up via the thru either. No matter - I'll just route the slicer via my looper for now and it can sync to that. I must have missed this as a known issue. Thought my unit was defective for a moment there... that or my mind was melting in this rare heat we're having in the UK.

Thanks for helping out,

Brett

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• The KPA does sync to external midi.

Hmmm. It didn't seem to be working for me & I found a forum post that said it didn't work so I stopped trying. I'll try again.