Add Amps to Amp Presets

• If this sounds familiar, it's because I tried getting an answer to the same question back in July, with no luck. I was advised to go sit on the toilet and read the manual. The closest thing this absurdly, incompetently written manual comes close to is on page 80, "Browsing Amps and Cabinets," and fails miserably to outline the process. What I need to do should be simple: There is a list of amp presets in the profiler. I need to add amps to that list so I can select and bring them into the rig I'm developing the the Rig Manager.

If I sound frustrated it's because I am... I had to give up the last time, spent three hours again today trying to make this happen, and it won't. I need a step-by-step explanation, the way a decent manual would lay it out. If anyone knows how to do that, it would be hugely appreciated. I've constructed my process on an attachment to show where I've been, and what I've tried.

Thanks.

• I am not near my Kemper but:

On the Kemper if you have the amp selected, try turning the browse knob. It may give you a list of every amp on the Kemper to pick from. It does for cabs.

Since I installed Rig Manager I have not touched my Kemper. In Rig Manager you can make your own folders and then drag and drop amps/cabs/effects into the folders. When you are editing a new rig, you can drag and drop the amps onto the AMP section in Rig manager. Or select them and press Ctrl-Enter.

Rig Manager is the best way to do anything Kemper related.

• I’m not near my KPA just now to test this but I would expect it to work the same way as any other Block. For example if you want to make a Preset of say the Chorus in The Mod Block or the EQ in the X Block etc. You would highlight that block for editing then hit Store. The KPA will ask if you want to store the whole Rig or only the Block. You select Block (might be called Module on the screen) and hit Store again. Try doing this with the Amp Block (or Stack if you want the cabinet too) highlighted and I think you will be fine. No need to copy and paste etc.

Another option is to not bother with copying or making presets at all. Just use the lock function. Lock the Amp (or Stack) now select the rig you want to add that too. This will load everything from the new rig except the Amp which is locked as the one from the previous rig. Now store the new rig. Job done. Don’t forget to unlock afterwards though.

if you are doing it in RM it is even easier. Just open the rig you want to copy from and drag the Amp section to the preset window.

• How are you guys "not near" your Kemper? My Kemper and guitars are only feet away from me all day unless I go to the bathroom in which case I am thinking of them. :P

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• How are you guys "not near" your Kemper? My Kemper and guitars are only feet away from me all day unless I go to the bathroom in which case I am thinking of them. :P

Another great reason for a lower priced Kemper Mini. Maybe it should also come with class D amp and speaker for bathroom reverb jamming. And a built in mic for reverb IR capture. Just needs a cool name like the Kemper Loo or Johnny.

• if you are doing it in RM it is even easier. Just open the rig you want to copy from and drag the Amp section to the preset window.

Thanks for trying, but that's not possible. The only "Presets" window I see is the one that's exposed when the Amp section/module is right-clicked . Where is the "Preset Window" you're referring to in the Rig Manager?

• I have just tried it and it definitely works.

Open a Rig you want from the Local Library Window.

Next Click on the Presets Folder on the left side tree. You can select Local Presets or My Profiler Presets it works both ways.

Now just drag the Amp block to the main window with all the presets showing. The Amp you just dragged will be added to the very end of the list of presets (that part is a bit of a pain as you then need to reverse the sort order or scroll all the way to the bottom to find it but it will be there).

Now you can drag and drop that preset into any Rig you want in future.

If you want it to show up when you right click on the Amp Block though you need to make sure that you drag and drop into the My Presets folder as Presets from the Local Library Presets folder don't show unless they are Kemper Factory Content.

Ahhh - my dream. I work at a corporate office all day and think of guitar at the same time. Surprised I haven’t been called out in a meeting for “daydreaming” yet - however, my work pays for my “playtime”.

• Ahhh - my dream. I work at a corporate office all day and think of guitar at the same time. Surprised I haven’t been called out in a meeting for “daydreaming” yet - however, my work pays for my “playtime”.

Tell them you need to tele-commute from hope so you don't catch the virus. Then you can be with Kemper all day! :P

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Now just drag the Amp block to the main window with all the presets showing. The Amp you just dragged will be added to the very end of the list of presets (that part is a bit of a pain as you then need to reverse the sort order or scroll all the way to the bottom to find it but it will be there).

Now you can drag and drop that preset into any Rig you want in future.

If you want it to show up when you right click on the Amp Block though you need to make sure that you drag and drop into the My Presets folder as Presets from the Local Library Presets folder don't show unless they are Kemper Factory Content.

This does not work for me. what do you mean "Amp Block" The amp column in the rig ? perhaps the OS changed and this no longer works. I filed a support ticket to extract an amp from a rig and copy it into presets .. and support NEVER answered or responded to my support ticket !