2022 Gear Wishlists. What do you plan to buy?

• fm9, AmpX, a new guitar (dont know which it will be...so many I desire). I have to sell a lot of other stuff to afford it, of course X/.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• I honestly don't have any gear desires right now. I just had to go through a major upgrade with my recording gear so I need nothing more there. I have more guitars than I would ever really need and they cover a very wide range. At this point I am planning to thin out a lot of gear this year. I already have 5 amps setting in a room ready to sell. I just pulled my Eleven Rack and my Axe-FX Ultra out of my recording desk and will be selling those. I already know of a hand full of guitars that I am going to put up for sale. I am considering a big pedal purge as well. I feel like the gear that I use the most is really suiting my needs and it is just that time in my life to cut down on my gear. Now that I have publicly said this I am going to run into a guitar that I just can't live without or someone is going to come out with a new pedal that will get my attention. :)

• I picked up a G&L Tribute tele several years back on a Stupid Deal. Once I got the Kemper, I swapped out the lipstick pickup. It was completely dead with no high end at all. Had an old Squire strat laying around and popped its neck pickup in. So much better.

Last few years I only had my eye on a Nobles OD and some better headphones. Got both in December. I am not super impressed with the Nobles so far (need more time). But I really like the Beyer Dynamic DT770 80 ohms I got. Top end is great for fizzy guitars and the lows are punched up enough to make music sound great while not being too boomy for mixing.

But seriously, since getting the Kemper I am always looking at stuff I want to buy just so I can profile it. The Kemper is having the opposite effect on my GAS issues :/

• For 2022, I am looking to do some work with a duo (vs entire band). To support this, I am looking at the Behringer Flow 8 digital mixer, and acoustic pickups for my Taylor (Taylor says they will install their factory PUP's (which I think are made by Fishman) for $500. I will also be seeing how well the acoustic simulator works out in an acoustic duo environment.

No new guitars, and no efx pedals. I am feeling pretty good with my assortment of strats, PRS's, Taylor's and Gibsons :).

• There's nothing on my wishlist for 2022.

Last year, in a series of acts of blind faith, I updated all my PA gear, wireless gear for guitar, wired and wireless microphones, in-ear monitors, headphones, plugins, and a Kemper PowerRack and Kemper Kabinet.

I've toyed with the idea of getting a PRS Silver Sky with Maple fretboard, but I have as yet to meet the Strat that really does it for me. So that would have to present itself unbidden.

• There's nothing on my wishlist for 2022.

Last year, in a series of acts of blind faith, I updated all my PA gear, wireless gear for guitar, wired and wireless microphones, in-ear monitors, headphones, plugins, and a Kemper PowerRack and Kemper Kabinet.

I've toyed with the idea of getting a PRS Silver Sky with Maple fretboard, but I have as yet to meet the Strat that really does it for me. So that would have to present itself unbidden.

I have a first 500 Silver Sky with rosewood, and it is killer. But dayum, I'd love to try a maple board.

• When it comes to Strats (S-types) nothing is going to beat the feel and warmth of a Charvel. 8) I just have to have another one.

BTW, did you notice guitar prices up again on some models? Went up $100 in 2021 (for $600+ models) and now another $100 for 2022. <X

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• When it comes to Strats (S-types) nothing is going to beat the feel and warmth of a Charvel. 8) I just have to have another one.

BTW, did you notice guitar prices up again on some models? Went up $100 in 2021 (for $600+ models) and now another $100 for 2022. <X

Didn't most guitar brands raise their prices last year? I think so.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• I just did my first 2022 purchase and got a Keeley Compressor from SW. I hope having an analog compressor will give me what I am looking for.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I´m on the Hunt for a charvel super stock sc1 ... I might change my tc Electronic BAM200 for an orange pedal baby ...

Raf

One week later : Charvel super stock SC1 = check :D

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp