Mackbook Air with Kemper Profiler Stage

• Hey! I recently got a new profiler stage and to connect it to the rig manager I have to use a USB. I also have a MacBook Air that doesn't have a USB, but I have a cord that can plug into the USB of the Kemper and go into my computer. The problem is that the Kemper still won't connect to my computer. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Thanks in advance.

- Alyssa

• I use a USB-C to USB-A (the normal usb) adaptor (or a USB hub), then a USB to USB-B cable (same as used for most USB printers). Both items easily found at any decent electronics/computers/office supply type stores

As shown by the previous response and the diagram.. if you’re using a USB-C to USB-A cable and plugging into the normal USB port on the Stage, that won’t work. That port is for USB STICK only.

• I use a USB-C to USB-A (the normal usb) adaptor (or a USB hub), then a USB to USB-B cable (same as used for most USB printers). Both items easily found at any decent electronics/computers/office supply type stores

As shown by the previous response and the diagram.. if you’re using a USB-C to USB-A cable and plugging into the normal USB port on the Stage, that won’t work. That port is for USB STICK only.

I have a MAC Air and a stage just like the OP and use the USB converter dongle that apple sells (overpriced but hey) and it works fine.

• So do I. that’s what I have described. What you’re describing is a USB-C to USB-A dongle. That’s what I have too. Then, like me, you’re using a USB to USB-B (the square port) cable to connect to the kemper.

That’s not what the original poster described.

They said they have a cable directly from Kemper to MacAir (no mention of dongles/adapters), which leads us to think they’re attempting to use a USB-C to USB-A cable and plugging into the normal USB port of the Kemper (not the square one), which will not work.

The reason for this assumption is a USB-C to USB-B direct cable without dongles would be an unusual cable to have lying around for a typical person.

I have a MAC Air and a stage just like the OP and use the USB converter dongle that apple sells (overpriced but hey) and it works fine.