Did anyone switch from the toaster to the stage?

• I have the toaster & remote atm, which sounds great. I've had it for about 3 years.

I'm looking to do live stuff in 2022. Whilst I could use the toaster & remote, I would much rather use an all in one unit.

Has anyone switched from the toaster to stage, and if so, is it exactly the same but in pedal form. Or is it slower/whatever?

• I had a Toaster, since it 1st came out. I played live with it for about 8 yrs.

I got a Stage when it 1st came out. I kept both for a year, but sold the Toaster and remote when I realized I was no longer using it at all

• I only have a stage. But things to think about from comments I have read on here in other sections:

1A) Some like the toaster and remote because it only needs an ethernet cable run between the two. You may not need power as its in the cable POE?

1B) If you use pedals you will probably have power at your feet anyway. So the Stage will work better. You will want the unit close to the pedals.

2) If you have rack mount effects you will want the toaster/rack version and remote so all the routing cables can be in the rack.

3) The Stage is the newest model and is much cheaper, so there is that.

• I went from toaster to rack to toaster to stage. Had reasons for each switch.

Stage is nice for quicker setup; would not recommend had the editor not come out so soon after. UI of Stage is significantly less intuitive than the Toaster, but I don't use it as much since the editor has been available (and bring my iPad to make quick changes away from home).