Wish: Move and Sort Folders in Rig Manager Local Library

• Currently there is no way to sort or move folders in the local library in Rig Manager without manually recreating the folders and moving the rigs contained within to the new folder. Once a folder has been created it is stuck in the list where it was created and can't be moved. This is very limiting.

For example I'd like to be able to create a folder a particular amp, let's say Fender amps, and be able to drag and drop all of the other folders I've created for my various Fender amps in to it to segregate them from other amp types so that when I'm looking for a particular Fender amp it will be easy to find based on the folder name I've given it.

I'd like to be able to sort the folder list alphabetically also. Is this even on the roadmap?

• Folders don’t really work well for me in RM. there are too many limitations so I don’t use them at all. InsteadI use the search field with properly tagged rigs.

In your example, I would identify all rigs that are Fender Amps. Highlight then all then click on the tag to the right for Amp Manufacturer. Now type Fender. All highlighted rigs will have amp type updated to Fender. You can do the same for other tags such as Amp Model wher you might select all Princeton or Twin etc and update the tag.

With this done you can search for all Fender amps or all Fender Twin etc without he need for folders.

• Folders don’t really work well for me in RM. there are too many limitations so I don’t use them at all. InsteadI use the search field with properly tagged rigs.

In your example, I would identify all rigs that are Fender Amps. Highlight then all then click on the tag to the right for Amp Manufacturer. Now type Fender. All highlighted rigs will have amp type updated to Fender. You can do the same for other tags such as Amp Model wher you might select all Princeton or Twin etc and update the tag.

With this done you can search for all Fender amps or all Fender Twin etc without he need for folders.

Thanks for the suggestion but that doesn’t really work for me. When you have over 6000 rigs from just one vendor it makes it hard to find anything, even if they are tagged. The fact that you have to tag every rig manually is too big of a hassle for me and there’s always the risk you may miss one. Using folders, I can just dump the rigs from each amp in its own folder when I get them.

There is no reason that in this day and age that a simple alphabetical sort and nested folders can’t be implemented.

• you can make subfolders,something like this....

Yep, unfortunately you can’t move a folder into a sub-folder once it is created.

I stupidly didn’t check this before I created all of them and moved my rigs into them. If I want to create sub-folders like you show, I’d have to basically re-do everything from scratch. It might be slightly easier because I have the rigs segregated by model now. It still would be a more manual process than being able to move a folder into another nested folder.

Yep, unfortunately you can’t move a folder into a sub-folder once it is created.

not only can’t you move the sub folders but you can’t search them properly either (you can’t search sub folders from the parent level which makes folders totally useless for me).

I too have thousands of profiles from the same vendor and several vendors I use. For me the tagging option I way more useful, user friendly and fast than dropping stuff in folders. I previously used folders but eventually abandoned them several months ago and haven’t looked back.

If proper folder functionality was sorted out I may go back to using them but for now searches and tag is a massive improvement for me.

• if you want to be able to sort the folder list alphabetically,this want i do..

i name my folders like this

A1

A2

A3

A4

etc etc...

Guitar: Fender Strat HSS<3 Schecter Custom Solo II

Signal Chain: Kemper->AxeFX 3>Neural QC>Apollo Twin->M-Audio Monitors

Computer:Mac Studio