Sterling up Expression pedal for Wah

• Hi all,

I have a Profiler Rack and a Mission expression pedal for Kemper, and I am wanting to set it up to be used as a wah pedal for solos. I currently have it connected via TRS from Output 1 on the pedal to Pedal 1 Input on the ProfilerRack. When I seem to use it it controls volume parameters. Can I change this somewhere in the settings to control Wah on a rig?

I’ve tried searching online and I find lots of videos discussing setting up an expression pedal for volume and what it can do regarding that.

thanks in advance

• Yes you can indeed.

Go into the system menu on the KPA (its not duplicated in Rig Manager) and page through until you find the pedal pages. Change the pedal type from Volume to Wah. If you want it to control Wah in some rig but Volume on others click the Wah > Volume softkey too. This will make the pedal control Wah if there is an active Wah effect in the rig. If no wah is present or the wah is turned off the pedal will control Volume.

• I have also noticed that my Mission pedal has black plastic ‘rivets’ over Output 2 and Input, I don’t know if this is a mistake or whether they’re removable.

• Yes you can indeed.

Go into the system menu on the KPA (its not duplicated in Rig Manager) and page through until you find the pedal pages. Change the pedal type from Volume to Wah. If you want it to control Wah in some rig but Volume on others click the Wah > Volume softkey too. This will make the pedal control Wah if there is an active Wah effect in the rig. If no wah is present or the wah is turned off the pedal will control Volume.