Introvert Invertebrate

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Didn't really come together today.

• You might perceive it that way, but remember that for every wad of songs an artist writes, only a small handful gets released... if he or she is lucky.

Also, if you feel you're writing different versions of the same groove / vibe / song over-and-over, remind yourself that you get to choose which is best in the long run. Each doesn't have to be a hittoon even 'though it could be in the absence of the others' being released.

HTH you feel better brother. ;)

• Fabulous drums again Per. I know it's the library that helps but you select them super well and have the talent to find super natural sounding rythms and fills :thumbup:8)

With vocals on it I'd say indeed it has commercial potential, just as Nicky says. And there's nothing bad about this :)

• Thanks guys for the supportive words. What I realize is that right now I’m in the valley of the suck, similar to the uncanny valley. It’s where one aspect has improved but the others have been left behind and now they really stand out in a bad way

To me I have to be honest in order to improve. The playing itself just isn’t up to snuff and the arrangements lack the finesse of commercial production. It sounds to me like those early tracks some people make when they’re starting out where it’s just a little too dry, just a little lacking in soul. Hopefully I can figure out exactly how to improve on that.

• I definitely like the reflective approach and your thinking around this. Same here. That's certainly one of the best ways to become better in something. And you're practicing a lot mate :thumbup:8)

Just one thing regarding your own expectation (if it is really one on your side): You call it "noodle of the day", it takes you literally only minutes to create great stuff on a good level every day - but now you're expecting commercial production level then? Not really, I know that you know :)

A bit more time invested might easily bring you further. And not only a few of your noodles shout for a bigger production... anyway keep it up man. You'll get out of that valley for sure :saint:

• It's hard for us guitarists to be totipotent , most commercial styles and even hip hop needs an army of producers, eng., arrangers , soloists ... I think we need to work with other folks to get out of our valleys of comfort and some help from outside, play in a band or get an external production.

You can be proud of your work , you're an artist , an able to record whatever you want with ease, that's quite an achievement as a musician

• Thanks guys, totally agreed practice is very important, also being analytical. I don’t want to ingrain bad habits so I need to get good at practicing the right things.

• Thanks guys for the supportive words. What I realize is that right now I’m in the valley of the suck, similar to the uncanny valley. It’s where one aspect has improved but the others have been left behind and now they really stand out in a bad way

To me I have to be honest in order to improve. The playing itself just isn’t up to snuff and the arrangements lack the finesse of commercial production. It sounds to me like those early tracks some people make when they’re starting out where it’s just a little too dry, just a little lacking in soul. Hopefully I can figure out exactly how to improve on that.

These are slapped-together pieces brother.

If you pick a standout piece once in a while, one you wouldn't mind listening to for many hours or days, and tweak that with the aim of achieving a more-polished, finished product, that'll nurture the skills you're talking about.

You'll learn intuitively as-you-go, and some of those tricks will inevitably find their way into your time-constrained-noodle efforts. Win, win.

Just one thing regarding your own expectation (if it is really one on your side): You call it "noodle of the day", it takes you literally only minutes to create great stuff on a good level every day - but now you're expecting commercial production level then?

A bit more time invested might easily bring you further. And not only a few of your noodles shout for a bigger production...

Exactly.